Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: those in Kusan

  1. Account Closed
    brighteyes1406's Avatar
    brighteyes1406 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Longivew Texas
    Posts
    682
    #1

    those in Kusan

    Advertisements
    Db is going there shortly and wants me to visit towards Christmas or a lil after that. What airport is close by or which one would y'all recommend me use for my search for a ticket?

    TIA
  2. Account Closed
    brighteyes1406's Avatar
    brighteyes1406 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Longivew Texas
    Posts
    682
    #2
  3. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #3
    I believe the only airport would be Incheon which is up near Seoul. Personnel arriving to Korea heading to Kunsan fly into Incheon and take a bus from there to Kunsan. Kunsan is way down south. According to the Kunsan AB website it takes about 3 hours and 40 minutes to get to Kunsan on a bus.
    http://www.kunsan.af.mil/library/newcomers.asp
    There are several links at the bottom of the page and one is "Kunsan arrival information" and it opens up a word document explaining the arrival, customs and bus info. That is where I found the time it takes to get to Kunsan by bus. Your boyfriend will probably have to meet you at Incheon. Does he have a car? If not can he rent one?
  4. Account Closed
    J.Ski's Avatar
    J.Ski is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,962
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I believe the only airport would be Incheon which is up near Seoul. Personnel arriving to Korea heading to Kunsan fly into Incheon and take a bus from there to Kunsan. Kunsan is way down south. According to the Kunsan AB website it takes about 3 hours and 40 minutes to get to Kunsan on a bus.
    http://www.kunsan.af.mil/library/newcomers.asp
    There are several links at the bottom of the page and one is "Kunsan arrival information" and it opens up a word document explaining the arrival, customs and bus info. That is where I found the time it takes to get to Kunsan by bus. Your boyfriend will probably have to meet you at Incheon. Does he have a car? If not can he rent one?
    Gimpo Airport only flies within Korea and to Japan.
  5. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #5
    I did find this airport, it's in Gunsan which is the same as Kunsan but for clarification Kunsan refers to the airbase and Gunsan refers to the city 8 miles away.
    http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...irportCode=KUV
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Sally's Avatar
    Sally is offline
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Korea, Osan AB
    Posts
    19,380
    Blog Entries
    17
    #6
    If you would like, I'd be glad to meet you at Incheon and accompany you on the bus or train to Kunsan, if your guy can't meet you there. It would be fun!

    I may even be able to drive you, providing DH is willing to part with the car for a day. LOL!!
  7. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Sally's Avatar
    Sally is offline
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Korea, Osan AB
    Posts
    19,380
    Blog Entries
    17
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I did find this airport, it's in Gunsan which is the same as Kunsan but for clarification Kunsan refers to the airbase and Gunsan refers to the city 8 miles away.
    http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...irportCode=KUV
    You would still have to fly into Incheon and then catch a flight to Gunsan, I think.
  8. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    You would still have to fly into Incheon and then catch a flight to Gunsan, I think.
    Yeah, sorry I didn't clarify that, LOL!
  9. Account Closed
    brighteyes1406's Avatar
    brighteyes1406 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Longivew Texas
    Posts
    682
    #9
    this is going to be an exciting trip providing everything goes well. Thanks ladies i'm sure i'll have more questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •