Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: she was crying in school...

1. Senior Member

she was crying in school...

Advertisements
    i learned today that my daughter was crying in school because she was moving away from her friends. i dont know how to make this better for her. i gave her classmates her address and asked that they write to her and stay in touch. She will be coming back to visit. i hate that our family move is hurting her so much. she is six, i didnt expect her to be this upset. HELP.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well she's six...and as much as it hurts, she will recover from this...shes young, resilient, and at an age where making new friends at her new school shouldn't be an issue at all.

now junior high or high school can be much scarier transitions
  3. Senior Member
    any cool suggestions on keeping her friend and family ties?
  4. Senior Member
    aim, email, cell phones, we have so many ways these days i was 6 the first time my parents moved me, and while im fine in the scheme of my whole life, it was really hard, the worst thing you can do is expect no reaction (not that you were, i mean in general). she's right at the age where it's upsetting to change their routine, you know? she will get over it eventually, but she does know and it does hurt. just be as patient as you can
  5. Regular Member
    We are going through this right now also. My girls are 4 and almost 8. RIght now we are home so this move is going to be hard. We leave on THurs. They both keep telling me they are gonna miss their friends/family.

I am making them a facebook page so they can keep in touch with family and also they can webcam with people. I think just seeing people will help.

But they will get through this! They are young. Its the next move I am not looking forward to. :-/
    Jamie, mama to Morgan and Brenna, Wife to Drew

6. Senior Member
    thanks ladies