Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help- Portsmouth VA!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help- Portsmouth VA!!

Advertisements
    My husband and I are schedualed to move to Portsmouth, VA in about a month from now, and I am way behind schedual. He's in C school now and has no access to a computer or any resources to help us find a place to live and I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

If there is ANYONE who is living in the Hampton Rds area in VA, please let me know- he's going to be working at the Naval Hospital in Norfolk, and all the apartments I've looked at online look shady.

We want somewhere safe, of course, reasonably priced, allows small pets... we don't have any children, and somewhere within 15-20 minutes from base is what we're trying to find. I just don't know what to do and any input would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!

Thanks ya'll!!
  2. Senior Member
    There are some nicer places on the chesapeake/portsmouth border. I will get you the names. It might be later this afternoon. I've been in almost all of them. Been here 10 years so lots of friends everywhere. I have 2 dogs so it can be a pain. You can PM if you need anything..
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you so much! I have heard to stay out of Portsmouth and Norfolk, but that Chesapeake area is nicer. Any help/advice is GREATLY appreciated. I'm from Alaska, but have been living in North Carolina for the past few months so I really have no idea where to start.
  4. Senior Member
    If you want to live somewhere safe and nice dont live in Portsmouth lol I lived there for a year and it can be pretty scary. If i had to move back I'd live in Suffolk.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Definitely add Chesapeake to the list of places to look.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There are some really nice apartments in Norfolk (try areas in 23507, 23510, 23517). The commute isn't bad going from Norfolk to Portsmouth in the morning and some areas are nice, you just have to know which areas to steer clear of.

http://www.norfolkrentorbuy.com/home...n_norfolk.html

http://www.forrent.com/search-apartm...rfolk-Area.php