Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help--Gulfport.

1. I love Troy!
    I love Troy!

Question Help--Gulfport.

Advertisements
    Okay so my hubby is in A School and we had orders to Fort Carson for about the past month...we had an apartment already waiting..and 2 weeks before he comes home from A School...his orders are pulled.

His chief is saying that we are for sure going to Gulfport, MS now... and the actual orders come on monday. I live all the way in WA and he's in CA, I was wondering if someone could please steer me in the direction of a good apartment complex, (since we will be headed there in the next month, I highly doubt that is enough time to get on base housing). All we need is a one bedroom in a safe neighborhood.

Also any other information about the area would be great or any tips. This is our first PCS so I'm really nervous...especially going across country.

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    I don't have any advice or tips or anything. Just wanted to say. See ya there.

We're PCSing there next month.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    As soon as he has those orders, he can put you on he housing list. You never know, it's not a huge base, the list may not be that long... especially if it's schools, the turn over is consistent.

When my husband signed us up for housing when he was in c school... 3 weeks we were moving in our unit. I think it was just as fast the second time we went back for RDC duty. Just a few weeks.

If it's a short list, you can stay in the lodge or get a small kitchenette maybe for a month rate... We did that once too, until housing called us.
  4. I love Troy!
    I love Troy!
    Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    As soon as he has those orders, he can put you on he housing list. You never know, it's not a huge base, the list may not be that long... especially if it's schools, the turn over is consistent.

When my husband signed us up for housing when he was in c school... 3 weeks we were moving in our unit. I think it was just as fast the second time we went back for RDC duty. Just a few weeks.

If it's a short list, you can stay in the lodge or get a small kitchenette maybe for a month rate... We did that once too, until housing called us.
    ok thanks, I guess he is supposed to be getting his orders monday.. so hopefully the list is really short and we get in!