Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Astugi, Japan?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Astugi, Japan?

Advertisements
    hey yall! im new, so sorry if this isnt the right place! I was just wondering if anyone knew about base housing in astugi? We have one small dog and no kids. What did ya'll do with your cars? Thanks girls!
  2. Regular Member
    Hey! I'm attached to Yokosuka naval base which is about an hour from Atsugi not to mention a completely different branch of the military but I have friends who live on the base there so I can get better answers if you need them.

You won't be allowed in the towers if you have a dog but you may be eligible for a town house or you could always live out in town.

Also, if you're navy you can live in Negishi housing, which is where I actually live, and it's about a half hour or so (on the TOLL roads, no freeways in Japan!) from Atsugi.

With your car you're either going to want to store it somewhere or sell it. I wouldn't recommend bringing one here because for the cost of making it street legal you could just buy a nice used car. We've had two cars here (had to upgrade when I got preggers) and we didn't pay over $1000 for either (and the used cars here usually have low, low mileage)

any other questions? Just email me catnipburger@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Catnipburger; 06-25-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: adding email