Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pensacola,fl

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

pensacola,fl

Advertisements
    Last edited by chriswifey; 01-06-2010 at 12:28 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I lived there for 20 years!! If you are looking for an apt the BEST place is Jamestown Apts on Summit Blvd. It's behind Cordova Mall sorta, off 12th ave, turn down Summit blvd. it's such a nice suburban area. i used to go running all the time just me and i always felt safe. the apt, the bigger 1BR is really big. I really miss it a lot actually, the layout is the best in the area (i thought). we payed $555 a month for it (750 sqft plus a large patio), they give military discounts althought when we had it DH wasn't in the military. i can help you with anthing there, i lived there forever!
  3. Senior Member
    Well that's actually like 20-30 min away from NAS Pensacola if that's where he's stationed, I just thought about that. The area near NAS is really shady.. I wouldn't suggest living there but if you go down gulf beach hwy, away from perdido key and turn right at the light at winn dixie and mcdonalds (like going towards winn dixie) and drive a little ways on the left you will see some apartments far back in the woods. those looked pretty new but i was looking at a distance. that's closer to NAS. gulf beach is the road you turn off of to get to NAS I think, I always got myself super lost finding NAS but it is really close. like 10 minutes away.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    l
  5. Senior Member
    yeah it's a really small area! not too many people know about it there are a lot of apts around jamestown area... one is called tanglewood I think? those smelt bad and i couldnt stand the cabinets (the wood with white trim on the bottom ) oh and it had a wet bar, which was really cheesy i thought there is one more nice one though.... on creighton road... the road with the wal-mart on it but it's closer to scenic hwy on that end... i cannot remember the name but they are newer than jamestown and owned by the same company. if you go to apartments.com you will be able to find them. or if you look at jamestown they will asked if you went to that apt complex. that leasing co is really good about letting people out of leases and the maitenance is really good so that's why i recommend it.
  6. Senior Member
    one more thing two REALLY good restaurants you HAVE to eat at. a lot of people new to the area don't know about them but they are SO good. scenic hwy, if you know where that is?? well if you know where the garden street bridge is that goes over bayou texar.. go past that on scenic and to your left right past the gas station you will see georgios pizza (it has a mural on the side, kinda run down looking) BEST pizza ever. then if you a little more down right past kelley flower co on your left you will see a diner called Scenic 90. Cheap food and soooo good. That is my favorite place in the world, I miss their food so bad
  7. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    My area is gorgeous, and deff safe! Not sure if it's in the price range though.. And it's all houses for sale/rent. I believe there are apartments on the perimeter of the area as well that are nice. My area is the 'lake charlene' area, and there are also some appts on 98 next to the naval hospital.

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  8. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    Is he a student there.. ?

KennyB = Greatness!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
  10. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ah ok, cause I know with students since the school isn't long enough to PCS, it's not recommended that SO's move out here.

Glad you've found a place!

KennyB = Greatness!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast