Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: schools

1. Senior Member

Question schools

Advertisements
    DD and I will be moving to at the end of the year to hawaii. DH is stationed at pearl harbor. I was wondering if anyone had any info about the schools around there. DD will be in preschool and we will be moving while shes in school. And i've heard in hawaii they go to school all year long but wasnt sure if it was true. is there any truth to that? any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    the schools I think are on a modified year round schedule......and I do know that not all of them follow the same schedule. My kids go from july 31 to June 8 and I had a friend whose kids had a different schedule.

I don't really know about the preschool schedules.....

Just make sure you do your research on greatschools.net and figure out where you want to live.....not all schools are the same here. I believe Pearl Harbor Kai elementary is pretty good over there, but well the school system in hawaii is really kind of sad.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    the schools I think are on a modified year round schedule......and I do know that not all of them follow the same schedule. My kids go from july 31 to June 8 and I had a friend whose kids had a different schedule.

I don't really know about the preschool schedules.....

Just make sure you do your research on greatschools.net and figure out where you want to live.....not all schools are the same here. I believe Pearl Harbor Kai elementary is pretty good over there, but well the school system in hawaii is really kind of sad.
    we are on the housing waitlist for moanalua terrace.

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Great website for info on schools

Every time we move I make sure to check out this website. It's a wonderful tool to compare schools in the local area as to what their performance levels are like. It helps SOOO much. We even used it to determine what area to buy our house so our kids could go to better schools.

www.greatschools.net

HIGHLY suggest it! Hope that helps !
  5. Senior Member
    thanks ladies. Im going to sit down and look at it!