Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EAS move?

1. He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥
    He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥

EAS move?

Advertisements
    Me and DH live apart..I am in SC and he's in NC. We are about 5 hours away from each other. He will be getting out in a little less than two months. I've heard we can move our stuff ourselves and the military pay us in advance? Anyone had any experience with this? I'm so confused about what to do. Most of our stuff is in SC with me, but I am willing to pay out of pocket for a U-Haul from here to NC. The U-Haul from NC to TX was quoted at $973+gas.
    You can't just say I love you. You have to live I love you.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowhite634 View Post
    Me and DH live apart..I am in SC and he's in NC. We are about 5 hours away from each other. He will be getting out in a little less than two months. I've heard we can move our stuff ourselves and the military pay us in advance? Anyone had any experience with this? I'm so confused about what to do. Most of our stuff is in SC with me, but I am willing to pay out of pocket for a U-Haul from here to NC. The U-Haul from NC to TX was quoted at $973+gas.
    ok first they will not pay the 100% in advance it will only be 60% of the estimated PPM ( formerly known as a DITY).
    this estimate is based on your guess of what weight you will be moving.

so this is how it will work for you-

the truck will have to originate from the duty station location ( or close proximity) he will get the truck and weigh it empty- then load his stuff then drive to get you then load your stuff and then you drive to gether to get to your final place. then weigh it full with both of your stuff in it.

remember that you will only be reimbursed for actual weight moved not what the weight allowance is.

However- this is where it gets tricky- the per diem rate will be only from the duty station to the final location - but since you are only 5 hours away it will only be less that a days drive and will not be a huge difference.

if you drive a POV the MALT will be from the duty station to the final location-
    any miles over will be out of pocket.

TLE can only be used at the DUTY station.

you can also get 80% of the per diem and malt in advance but you have to request it.
  3. He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥
    He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥
    Thank you!
    You can't just say I love you. You have to live I love you.