Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: how do I go about this??

1. Senior Member

how do I go about this??

Advertisements
    My husband and I got married right before he was deployed. I will be moving in august before he is back because i have to start school down there. How do i go about getting the army to move me from Oklahoma to Georgia? Like i said, my DH is gone and i am kind of on my own with this.. any advice is appreciated

TIA!
  2. Officially A College Graduate!
    Officially A College Graduate!
    Displaced Nebraskan stuck in North Carolina
    Hmm, I am not sure about this one. Have you talked to your husband and asked him?

I moved here about 3 months after he was assigned to the duty station. However, he arranged everything through the transportation office. We did a DITY [Do-it-yourself move] move as well, so I am not sure if I can be of any help.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If your DH was already at that duty station(ie he didn't PCS there after getting married) I don't think they'll move you.
  4. Senior Member
    If I'm reading your post right, the army won't pay for the move. You have to PCS for them to pay for the move.

I THINK anyway lol
  5. Senior Member
    You married after he had orders and was stationed at his current base. The military will not pay for your move.

Sorry. The best bet is get a uhaul, ask all your friend to help you pack and load up the truck (than pay them with beer, soda and pizza) and head to your hubby.
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    You married after he had orders and was stationed at his current base. The military will not pay for your move.

Sorry. The best bet is get a uhaul, ask all your friend to help you pack and load up the truck (than pay them with beer, soda and pizza) and head to your hubby.
    Southern is correct.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    actually there may be a way for the Army to pay for part of the move-

there are a few guidelines -
    first he must not have moved his allowable weight and
    second if this was his first PCS you have to be living in the area of his HOR
    or third this was a PCS from a duty station and you reside at the old duty station

SO for instance- this is his first PCS- his HOR is chicago- you live in chicago- he moved 2,000 lbs and his car-
    they will move you from chicago upto 3,000 lbs, but will not pay for your car nor for any expenses for the move except the HHG's.
  8. Officially A College Graduate!
    Officially A College Graduate!
    Displaced Nebraskan stuck in North Carolina
    We were married after he was assigned to his duty station, and the military did pay to move our things. I moved here about 3 months after he was already was here, and we didn't have any problems.
  9. Senior Member
    I though they would move me.. they moved my friend where her husband was stationed even though he'd been there. I just didn't know who to contact or what I needed to do.
  10. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Try finding a number for family support and see if they can help you, or if they have some kind of number or information online for new people. Most bases have websites with numbers of them. Basically, just give one a call and if they can't help you, see if they can direct you to who can. It may take a few phone calls, but you should find something out eventually. At least that way you'll get a for sure answer and not a bunch of guesses. (No offense intended ladies.)