Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question??

1. Senior Member

Newbie Question??

Advertisements
    Ok me and my finance are planning to get married. he still has bootcamp and AIT to go through. from what i understand they go straight from AIT to wherever they get stationed. Will i be able to go with him i assume not. and if not when will we be able to get married and move in together?
  2. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilree16 View Post
    Ok me and my finance are planning to get married. he still has bootcamp and AIT to go through. from what i understand they go straight from AIT to wherever they get stationed. Will i be able to go with him i assume not. and if not when will we be able to get married and move in together?
    I was just my husband's fiance when he came home from AIT. He went to BCT, then AIT... and then came home for 2 weeks to a month (can't remember how long it was). During that time we got married. From home, he went to where he was stationed and after he got us a house I moved out there with him. Ugh, that was confusing. I don't think it matters when they get married. But I guess my situation was different. Congrats on getting engaged by the way!
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  3. Officially A College Graduate!
    Officially A College Graduate!
    Displaced Nebraskan stuck in North Carolina
    I think the circumstances vary as to when they get a chance to come home. My husband got to come home for a weekend after he had been training for 6-7 consecutively. However, he had friends that went home right after airborne.

As to if you can go with him - Technically, you could choose to live in the town near where he get's stationed. However, since you are not a dependent, the military is not obligated to pay for your move. He will still have to live in the barracks and you would have to find a place off post.

I would advise against doing the above.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He could take leave after graduating AIT. However even if you get married right after he graduates the Army probably won't pay for you to move to where ever he's stationed because you won't be on his orders.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilree16 View Post
    You will not get to go to basic and AIT. IF you are already married when he joins or before he gets orders to his first duty station (basically before AIT) I believe the military will move you to his duty station.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    if you are planning to get married get married before he goes- it will make everything so much easier-

if you are not married when orders are issued it makes everything very complicated.

and of course there is the issue of getting into deers, getting ID cards, and getting the other benefits set up.
  7. Senior Member
    We just got in engaged and everyone is telling me not to rush the wedding. he leaves in Sept for bootcamp. he will get done with everything sometimes in Jan. ugh this is so confusing cause we had planned to get married when he got done with AIT
  8. Banned
    Banned
    lil, alot of couples do a quick JOP- and then plan the big wedding for later.

this may be an option for you too.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    lil, alot of couples do a quick JOP- and then plan the big wedding for later.

this may be an option for you too.
    That's what my daughter and her fiance are probably doing. Seriously, it's a difference of $1500 a month. That will go a long way toward paying for a nice wedding and reception.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    That's what my daughter and her fiance are probably doing. Seriously, it's a difference of $1500 a month. That will go a long way toward paying for a nice wedding and reception.
    and it is not only the money thing but the ease of having everything done in bootcamp -

congrats EELO to your DD!!

mine just got married in March!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast