Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Meridian, Mississippi.. Anyone?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Meridian, Mississippi.. Anyone?

Advertisements
    Can you give me the scoop? Enlighten me? Did you like it? Pros? Cons?
  2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    im thinking you are talking about the army base there???

don't know anything about other than we drive thru the city when we head north to Ohio. Seems like a nice place.. at least from I59.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  3. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I used to live about 45 minutes from it. What do you want to know?

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No... not Army... NAS Meridian.

It looks like a small town... rather than a BIG City... I wanted to know if anyone who had been stationed there liked it... What were the Pros and Con's to being stationed there...

I know it's not too far to Pensecola to the beach... I used to know a wife who loved it there, but that was years ago... I've been looking online, but wanted to know from someone who lived or lives there what they think of it.
  5. I Love My Puppy
    I Love My Puppy
    Never been stationed there but have been there several times...it is pretty small..um very hot and muggy in the summer..have never had my allergies act up so bad in all my life other than there...other than that is was nice.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I live about a couple hours away from it. It's a pretty nice city (I've never lived there though). My friends who just got married and moved there love it. No, it's not a big city, but I think that's why they like it because it's not too busy but you do have everything you need. I know another good friend of mine and his dad was stationed there for a while. They lived there for a while and he also said he liked it considering the nice people, nice school, just nice area period. PLUS, Meridian is one of those "pass through" city to where you are close to everything, but not really hahaha. I59 is probably the main highway you need to go to if you're heading south. I think 45 is if you're going north.
  7. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili0965 View Post
    I live about a couple hours away from it. It's a pretty nice city (I've never lived there though). My friends who just got married and moved there love it. No, it's not a big city, but I think that's why they like it because it's not too busy but you do have everything you need. I know another good friend of mine and his dad was stationed there for a while. They lived there for a while and he also said he liked it considering the nice people, nice school, just nice area period. PLUS, Meridian is one of those "pass through" city to where you are close to everything, but not really hahaha. I59 is probably the main highway you need to go to if you're heading south. I think 45 is if you're going north.
    The commy and exchange are ok. The housing is older. Meridian is building up, shopping and restaurants are gettting better. You're only an hour and half from Jackson or Hattiesburg for better shopping. Birmingam is 2 hours away.