Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soooo how does this all work?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Help Soooo how does this all work?

Advertisements
    Last edited by chriswifey; 01-06-2010 at 12:29 AM.
  2. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    You can't really do anything until you have orders. Unless, of course, you have a lot of stuff you don't want to move with you, then you could do a yard sale or craiglist or whatever you want to do with your clutter. I'm in the process of de-cluttering for our PCS right now
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *tina* View Post
    You can't really do anything until you have orders. Unless, of course, you have a lot of stuff you don't want to move with you, then you could do a yard sale or craiglist or whatever you want to do with your clutter. I'm in the process of de-cluttering for our PCS right now
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    lol..I don't have anything to declutter, I moved out of my apartment when DH left for bootcamp and moved in with my parents. Okay..so I'll continue to play the waiting game lol
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswifey View Post
    lol..I don't have anything to declutter, I moved out of my apartment when DH left for bootcamp and moved in with my parents. Okay..so I'll continue to play the waiting game lol
    I'm not sure how much longer he has but I bought things we would need(such as sheets, pots and pans, hamper, etc) little by little because DH had a 1 year unaccompanied tour before we could live together.
  6. Regular Member
    We have 7 months before we will know for sure where he's going to be going (hasn't even gone to basic yet) and I'm going to start decluttering...my house is a mess! I hate waiting too...I wish I knew what was going to happen now. Waiting sucks.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    there is not a whole lot to do now-

but take some time and go thru the posts here- there is tons of info here about moving, looking for new places to live, PCS entitlements, ect.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I will look through everything and I've been buying little things here and there. I saw a flat screen on sale today and almost bought it hee hee..
  9. ^_^
    ^_^
    the waiting game sucks, but that is pretty much all you could do rite now is sit around and wait. i remember going through the same thing just about 7 months ago.
  10. Junior Member
    If you check his AKO he may have projected orders on there and it will give you an idea of where they are thinking of sending you. But that's all it is--an idea of where they are thinking of sending you. Nothing is official until you receive paper orders and you can't do anything with any of the offices on base until you have those. It can be hard to wait! But you can de-clutter and sell a bunch of stuff, and after you de-clutter, do it again! Donate the stuff to salvo or goodwill and maybe go get a few things you are sure you might need--like the other lady said. I did that too and it has served us well now. Good luck!