Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Post Housing

1. Senior Member

Post Housing

Advertisements
    This is me not know anything!!! What comes with on-post housing. Like do you just get a house or is there any appliances included in it (e.g. stove, refrigerater stuff like that....)

thank you
  2. Senior Member
    Stateside bases get stove/oven, fridge and generally dishwasher. They do not come with washer or dryer.

Overseas bases have washer and dryers as well as the other three (generally dishwasher but I have lived in a house without one iirc).

You do not get any small appliances stateside nor in AK. Not sure but I don't think anywhere else for overseas bases. By that I mean microwave, coffee pot etc.
  3. Senior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Stateside bases get stove/oven, fridge and generally dishwasher. They do not come with washer or dryer.

Overseas bases have washer and dryers as well as the other three (generally dishwasher but I have lived in a house without one iirc).

You do not get any small appliances stateside nor in AK. Not sure but I don't think anywhere else for overseas bases. By that I mean microwave, coffee pot etc.
    Thank you!!!!!
  4. Senior Member

Also in some OCONUS locations furniture is provided. I am not sure how it is elsewhere but here in Korea they provide all the furniture, whatever you feel you need. They even have curio cabinets and armoires, end tables as well as the typical beds, dining sets, sofas and chairs.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Also in some OCONUS locations furniture is provided. I am not sure how it is elsewhere but here in Korea they provide all the furniture, whatever you feel you need. They even have curio cabinets and armoires, end tables as well as the typical beds, dining sets, sofas and chairs.
    Oh yeah. It was the same way in Japan but you could opt to have your own furniture if you wanted it.
  6. Senior Member

Oh yeah. It was the same way in Japan but you could opt to have your own furniture if you wanted it.
    For the Army here in Korea, they can not bring their own furniture since they are only allowed a small amount of weight, even with families. If I had known that this policy did not apply to us Navy people we would brought our own but since I was getting my info from USAG Yongsan we didn't. However, we did bring our own bed, screw Army issued beds. I have the ugliest couch courtesy of the US Army.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    For the Army here in Korea, they can not bring their own furniture since they are only allowed a small amount of weight, even with families. If I had known that this policy did not apply to us Navy people we would brought our own but since I was getting my info from USAG Yongsan we didn't. However, we did bring our own bed, screw Army issued beds. I have the ugliest couch courtesy of the US Army.
    That is because generally Korea is an unaccompanied pcs.
  8. Senior Member

That is because generally Korea is an unaccompanied pcs.
    Used to be, they have changed that in the last year or so. Next year they will start bringing more families here for 2-3 year normal tours. In Hannam there are 4 15 story high rises and only one is open. They are remodeling the other 3 as I type and will open next Spring/Summer PCS time. They are adding more 4 bedroom units to them.

Hopefully they will do a better job than what was done in the one open high rise known as "I" building. We saw one unit in there and it was small, smelled and only 2 of the 3 bedrooms had air conditioning. The kitchen was just barely more than a kitchenette with a washer and dryer sharing the space next to the fridge. I have boys, no way would that work. I think it only had one bathroom and it was a shower, no tub. That was one of 3 units we looked at and the other 2 were in the low rises so we picked one of those. I can't believe they even bothered showing us that I building unit because dh is an E-7, the low rises are for E7 and above. I know I building is E1-E8 but still, why even show us. However, I was glad to see what i's really like in there.