Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: tell me about...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

tell me about...

Advertisements
    camp casey, south korea. This in a few short months will be my new home for 2 years!
  2. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    well what do you want to know? I was only up there for 21 days, but there are girl here who live/lived there...

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    like what there is to do there, like on post, what the people are like, stuff like that. the other thing me and DH want to know is what is the housing like? it it small or big?
  4. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Well Camp Casey has a place called the cottage that I went to EVERYDAY I was there since he didn't take any leave when I went... As far as the housing goes, I have no idea because all the people we chilled with lived off base, but they all had nice places. The Koreans were really nice, but offbase in the ville there are alot of clubs with "juicy girls" or "flips" (as the guys called them) and I they were really rude to me...

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  5. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Also the shop owners will really try to get you to buy stuff from their shops and hassle you....It didn't bother me because I have been to Haiti and Jamaica and the people there were much more aggresive about getting you to buy stuff...

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There isn't housing at Camp Casey. I never had any problems with the people there. There's a bit of stuff to do on post, pool, bowling alley, etc.
  7. Senior Member

You can live in Housing in Seoul while your SO works at Casey and come home on weekends but if you want to be there every night with your SO then you have to live off base near Casey. I am not sure if you have been OCONUS before but you get OHA but it does not work like BAH. OHA only pays what the actual rent is and no more to pocket like BAH.
  8. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by samilove0727 View Post
    camp casey, south korea. This in a few short months will be my new home for 2 years!

Why the face? Imagine, you're getting to travel and be stationed with your dh. Why not make the best of it? Every tour is exactly what you make of it. I look back thru dh's career and wish we had tried for orders overseas but I was too thick skulled to even consider it.

Good luck!