Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Shafter

1. Senior Member

Fort Shafter

Advertisements
    Does anyone live on Ft.Shafter? I heard the housing there was a privately owned company, and its a big scam? Is this true? Has anyone heard about this. Me and Ray have been fighting alot about where were going to live. He has heard bad things about it from his sergeants.

Not a scam..but a rip off?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    why would you live at Fort Shafter if he is a Marine?

wouldnt you want to live on MCBH??

just a random question.
  3. Senior Member
    because its a 6month wait to live on mcbh...ft.shafter there is not wait.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am fairly certain that housing is really bad.......it's pretty old. I don't know if I would want to live over there, Ft. Shafter doesn't have alot of amenities and is kind of tucked in behind the highways. Personally I wouldn't live over there.

they said it was a six month wait for housing on Kbay? it is kind of a mess over here.....they are rearranging everyone and doing alot of construction. Maybe you could rent an apartment until you could get into housing?
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika17 View Post
    because its a 6month wait to live on mcbh...ft.shafter there is not wait.
    I hope you are still going to get on the list... cause it normally doesnt take as long as they say.. i know people who have been told it will take a year, and get housing a week later...

I know alot of people who go to Pearl Harbor to get housing since MCBH is full.. .I would try there.. their housing is amazing! but i would not want to live on Ft Shafter, at all..
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    I am fairly certain that housing is really bad.......it's pretty old. I don't know if I would want to live over there, Ft. Shafter doesn't have alot of amenities and is kind of tucked in behind the highways. Personally I wouldn't live over there.

they said it was a six month wait for housing on Kbay? it is kind of a mess over here.....they are rearranging everyone and doing alot of construction. Maybe you could rent an apartment until you could get into housing?
    thats what I would do. there are a lot of places for rent out the back gate.. well there were when i was there in April.
  7. The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    dont go to ft shafter housing. try AMR.....
    ~Ashley

8. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Try Forest City for MCBH and the housing in the Pearl Harbor area. Army runs AMR and some of their stuff is new.

I'd rent a condo out by the marine base personally...Pearl Harbor/AMR aren't that close to MCBH.

Ft Shafter has the reputation as being the crappiest housing on the whole island LOL.
  9. Senior Member
    I think Pearl Harbor has stopped accepting the other branches, or maybe that was just in the new housing. You could check though. Ft Shafter is really pretty beaten up. I do believe if you rent out there you get a rebate from your rent though, so that has enticed a lot of people to go out there. I myself would probably rent something small out in Kailua and wait for a house on MCBH.
    Needs work.
  10. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Yeah def ask Forest City about Navy housing, it might be closed for now to other branches (usually they have Doris Miller/Pearl City Peninsula and Hukalani always open) but she's def eligible for Manana and Kbay stuff. Though Manana is far IMHO but it is new for Marines.

I'd do what Kate suggests...rent something small in Kailua while you wait. You may not want to move to base housing after that, Kailua is awesome.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast