Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: move to lawton, ok/ft. sill

1. these boys are my world <3
    these boys are my world <3

move to lawton, ok/ft. sill

Advertisements
    hello ladies. i'm not sure where to post this, because i'm not really moving because of change of station or whatever, but i need some advice...(long story coming up!)

db and i had planned for me to move out to lawton, ok to spend the summer with him. i have even been offered a good job. then the army intervened...lol...and db was deployed to iraq. i guess we both just assumed i would not be making the move, but i can't find a job in my hometown and i never turned down the job in lawton, which starts on the first of june. i'm in a pretty sucky financial predicament, too! so i am starting to think my best prospect would be to move to lawton alone. however, i know nothing about the town, have never been there, wouldn't even know where to start to find a place to live...not to mention i'm damn near broke. i haven't discussed this with db just yet; he's supposed to call tonight and i'm going to ask him how he would feel about it.

assuming he gives me the go-ahead (not that i need his permission, just want to know his opinion), does anyone have any advice?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's a tough decision. Lawton isn't exactly the nicest area in Oklahoma, so I'm not sure I would want to live there alone.
    Have you tried calling the new job and seeing if they could hold it for you until you do move down there?
  3. these boys are my world <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    That's a tough decision. Lawton isn't exactly the nicest area in Oklahoma, so I'm not sure I would want to live there alone.
    Have you tried calling the new job and seeing if they could hold it for you until you do move down there?
    i have not told the job anything yet, but this particular job opening is one that is open because the person who normally holds it is going to be gone for the summer, so it's conveniently open to me from june to august. if i don't go this summer, it would be at least november before i got there, so i doubt anywhere would hold a job open that long.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *ashley* View Post
    i have not told the job anything yet, but this particular job opening is one that is open because the person who normally holds it is going to be gone for the summer, so it's conveniently open to me from june to august. if i don't go this summer, it would be at least november before i got there, so i doubt anywhere would hold a job open that long.
    Oh ok.. I see. Well, I mean, moving across the country alone is a very scary thing to do. It's not something everyone can do, so it really just depends on you.
    There are a few SOS ladies in Lawton that I'm sure would be happy to help you out and show you around.
  5. these boys are my world <3
    Oh ok.. I see. Well, I mean, moving across the country alone is a very scary thing to do. It's not something everyone can do, so it really just depends on you.
    There are a few SOS ladies in Lawton that I'm sure would be happy to help you out and show you around.
    i realize it is frightening, but i have to learn to do things alone, anyway. if i make up my mind to do it, i will be fine. it would be so nice to have some people help me out and help me get acclimated, though! i guess that's what i'm looking for -- maybe some reassurance and some idea of where to start.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *ashley* View Post
    i realize it is frightening, but i have to learn to do things alone, anyway. if i make up my mind to do it, i will be fine. it would be so nice to have some people help me out and help me get acclimated, though! i guess that's what i'm looking for -- maybe some reassurance and some idea of where to start.
    If you think you can do it, then go for it!
    I know that Nikole, Crumper07 and Michealsmom are all in Lawton. You could PM them and see if they have any reccommendations for you.
  7. these boys are my world <3
    If you think you can do it, then go for it!
    I know that Nikole, Crumper07 and Michealsmom are all in Lawton. You could PM them and see if they have any reccommendations for you.
    oh yeah, i've talked to michealsmom before! thanks for the leads!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No prob. I'm from Oklahoma, but not Lawton. I might be able to answer some of your questions, but the Lawton girls could probably answer more than I could.
  9. Senior Member
    If the job is only open for the summer do you have a back up job come fall? That's the only thing I can think of against this if it's something you want to do.

10. these boys are my world <3
    No prob. I'm from Oklahoma, but not Lawton. I might be able to answer some of your questions, but the Lawton girls could probably answer more than I could.
    thanks i might have some questions for you over the course of the next day or two, then.

btw, have you been to the gym today, ma'am?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast