Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nellis AFB

1. *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*
    *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*

Confused Nellis AFB

Advertisements
    any one live there?? or around vegas? how is the housing? is living on base better than living off base? my DF and I will be moving there in sept so i am pretty excited and also pretty nervous and scared at the same time... this is my first experience moving to a new duty station...
  2. *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*
    *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't help any but check this out: http://www.baseofpreference.com/inde...230&Itemid=162
  4. Senior Member
    I actually grew up in Vegas! I loved it there! my husband is in the miltary so we are currently in NC moving to San Diego soon- every excited to be back in the west coast
    let me know if you want to know anything!
  5. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    I live in Vegas. I have never been on the AFB but I know that the North West side of town is not the best place to live. A lot of cheap housing and crime. There may be some military enclaves over there that I am unaware of, but if you are going to live off base I would go closer to the 95 than the 15, more to the west side of town.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  6. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    Okay I was just reading the reviews on the Nellis site about how you should carry a weapon if you leave the base. OKAY. IT IS NOT THAT BAD. LOL! We have lived here for going on 4 years or something with my daughter and I am not scared to go to the grocery store or anything. I think Vegas is a great place to live and we live here by choice, BTW.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hey I will be moving there in March so you'll have to let me know if you like it when you show up . From the looks of the housing most of it is new and huge prepared to Luke afb housing.
  8. Senior Member
    I've lived in Vegas for over 22 yrs now. My DH is stationed on the CA coast. I have children from a prior marriage who keep me bound to life in NV. As for Vegas, I greatly prefer the West side of town (Summerlin) to the area surrounding Nellis. That said, I would live on base without hesitation. Can't because DH is Navy not Air Force. I've stayed at the BOQ overnight, I shop at the NEX, I bank at NFCU, my mechanic is on Craig which is nearby Nellis and I don't have fears driving in the surrounding areas of the base. Feel free to look me up. PM me at any time. I'll fill you in on any specific questions that you may have. -Kathy
  9. Senior Member
    I'm in Vegas, the base seems nice to me but it's just not in the best area of town. I've never lived on it though, just been on many times. to Vegas
    Just keep swimming
  10. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I've heard that it's a pretty good base...My neighbor and I were actully just talking about Nellis. She was there before and she was saying how it's just better there to get housing on base... that's just coming from her being there but she said the housing is good so it's not like it's bad to live on base anyways. But she said it's a pretty cool area. Just like with every other place, just gotta be careful good luck! I hope everything goes well with the move
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast