Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Command Sponsorhip question

1. Senior Member

Command Sponsorhip question

Advertisements
    Okay me and DH just recently got married. He had already recieved his orders to go to hawaii ( he left today). Sense we were not married I am assuming its an unaccompanied tour. But how can we get command sponsorship? Do we have to apply? He is in the marines by the way. Thanks ladies

Yea i forgot the S in sponsorship sorry
  2. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Where Army so Im not sure if things are different but he might have to file for amended orders . Wives are allowed to go to Hawaii so you should be able to get sponsorship, but you will need to get a EFMP screening which is basically a health screening to make sure you dont have anything healthwise that cant be handled here. That should be no prob here in Hawaii though.

Good Luck!
  3. formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    just attempt to get the orders amended? if they can't be amended, you can go unsponsored, meaning that you'll have to pay to go over there, no on base housing based on having dependents there, and medical care is only space a.
    (813):
    y-o-u-r-e= you are,
    y-o-u-r = your. you are a bag of douche not your bag of
    douche. if you're going to insult me at least do it in proper english.
    that is all.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I truly don't know how the marines work. I would suggest you have your DH find out for you!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneHotNurse View Post
    just attempt to get the orders amended? if they can't be amended, you can go unsponsored, meaning that you'll have to pay to go over there, no on base housing based on having dependents there, and medical care is only space a.
    we could never afford it unless it was sponsored. I heard it wasnt to hard to get a sponsorship. DH is going to ask tomorrow.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika17 View Post
    we could never afford it unless it was sponsored. I heard it wasnt to hard to get a sponsorship. DH is going to ask tomorrow.
    I just got your PM and DH just came home.....I asked him. He said he went through this with one of his sailors here in Hawaii. They got married between a school and this command and the kid had to take his orders in to prove marriage and then his orders were amended to move her out here. They won't move you or your stuff without being on his orders.

I think you'd like the base housing here......some of the new housing is HUGE and central a/c with two car garages. You would have a hard time finding that out in town really.......feel free to continue PMing me.......