Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking on craigslist?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Looking on craigslist?

Advertisements
    I was looking at an apartment on craigslist and emailed the owner about his house for rent which is 2bd/2bth in san diego. I just figured I would see what he had to say and see how much rent is bc from the pictures it looked decent.
    So this is the email I got and I think its a scam, he say we wont be able to go in the house bc the keys and documents are with him?
    I know there are lots of scams on craigslist, I liked what i saw online until i got this email, i dont think its legit... a little strange or is it just me??
    Theres no way I would fill out a rental application with all my info and send it to him with not even knowing him or seeing the apartment.

Hello ,
    Sorry for the late response , i was busy at the church all day.
    Thanks for your interest in my Home for rent . i am Pastor Edward A. Thomas the owner of the house .The Apartment is located at : 1441 Camino Zalce ,San Diego, CA 92111 , USA .
    Home with 2 bedrooms 2 full bath rooms , dining room, Large master bedroom, walkin closets..Easy access to shopping, close to all major roads, airport and train stations.
    My wife and family have been relocated to West Africa with me here in lagos West africa for a missionary work. We will not be comming back until five years from now. Before we moved from San Diego, CA , i wanted to sell the house before Rita Thomas My wife advised that we should rent it out than to sell it. On getting here, I discovered that my missionary work will last for 5 years so I decided to look for a responsible and caring person to maintain and take proper care of my house as I do .
    we have search for a God fearing and reputable agent who can take good care of the Apartment , but we couldn't get anyone, then We left with the key,
    codes and documents . I'm willing to rent out the apartment to a tenant who is able to come up with 1 month rent and refundable security deposit as a deposit and I will like him/her to assure me that the house will be properly managed. Concerning the lease, duration is as the tenent pleases to stay .

I'm giving out the property with such a reasonable amount $700 usd per month utilities included because I am only paying God back for his kindness and mercy
    over me and my family with what I have, that`s why I asked for such a reasonable amount. It`s also a pride for me to work for him on a missionary work. Also I need someone or a family that will take good care of the apartment as their own property. Firstly, you will not be able to go inside to see the house since I have all the keys and security code and documents here with me in Africa .

If you can assure me that you can take proper care of the apartment and also you can afford 1 months rent and a refundable security deposit.
    There is a rent application form which I will like you to fill and Send back to me. If you can do all this for me, then I will be willing to rent my apartment to you.

Looking forward to hear from you so i can send you the rent application form which will be used to process all documents that will be coming together with the keys leading to the house and this will come to you through DHL courier service.
    Thank you and remain Blessed.
    God Bless You
    Pastor Edward A. Thomas
  2. Senior Member
    YES SCAM SCAM SCAM!! I got the west africa thing 10000 times while looking for a place.
  3. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Ya... scam.
  4. Senior Member
    Oh, but I did just move into me and DH's new place this week that I found on Craigslist. There are some truthful people looking for tenants, but there are also tons of people trying to scam. Just be careful. Good luck!!
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

in the 2nd line he says house, then apartment. And just the wording of it all to me is just all weird.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Oh, but I did just move into me and DH's new place this week that I found on Craigslist. There are some truthful people looking for tenants, but there are also tons of people trying to scam. Just be careful. Good luck!!
    thanks
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    in the 2nd line he says house, then apartment. And just the wording of it all to me is just all weird.
    yeah i noticed that too. it thru me off and there was just something about the email that said scam.
  8. Senior Member
    Anytime I see Africa mentioned I just delete it, esp on CL
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain. View Post
    Anytime I see Africa mentioned I just delete it, esp on CL
    yeah this is the first time i have ever seen a email like this, and Im frequently on CL looking for a apt. lately, So i figured I would ask around here.
  10. Regular Member
    Also, we're stationed in N San Diego County and you don't want to live by Fashion Valley Mall. The traffic is a nightmare.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast