Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's transfer on hold until the new fiscal year?

1. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D

Anyone else's transfer on hold until the new fiscal year?

Advertisements
    Our PRD is November but they won't give us orders until October. Apparently we're part of the 14,000 sailors being put off until the new fiscal year. Even though our move won't happen until after the new fiscal year, I guess they can't give us orders until they have money for that move in their hands to set aside specifically for the move.

They won't extend DH here, so we have to leave in November but at the same time they won't give us somewhere to go. We'll have like one chance from the time orders start being issued again until we're supposed to leave to get orders we want competing with those other 14,000 sailors. So basically we'll most likely have orders chosen for us and less than a month to get our move set up and done while competing with everyone else around here for movers and move dates since so many people will be moving at the same time. I'm beyond stressing.

I understand we have to sacrifice too in these economic times, but it doesn't make it any less stressful or crappy.

Anyone else in the same boat?

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...y&zIndex=96587
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    A lot of people are...we thankfully are not. Honestly I would extend a bit to wait. It is going to be crazy to move during that time.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I wish we could. We tried twice to extend and they won't let him. They don't do partial year extensions due to the type of command he's in. They've already given his spot away here (the new people will get orders here due to the nature of this command) for next year anyway (they have this thing about rotating people into and out of the command on a regular basis). There are a few reasons too with DH's rank and them worrying about stagnating his career if he stays. So they won't let him stay, and they've given away his spot (they don't have the budget for extra people) without giving us a place to go. So we have no choice except to do the one month move thing.
  4. Senior Member
    I have to deal with this on a daily basis and it is even affecting my local move. I can forsee this going even longer.

Just be in mind that your DH will have first priority when he is allowed to renogotiate in October. You won't be able to plan anything and will most likely be a last minute move.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We were supposed to pcs in July. Dh got extended in Cuba until November.
  6. Senior Member
    Luckily, I'm not affected by this (not due to transfer until April), however, I do know a ton of people who are.

On the other hand, I'd rather give up my orders (or end up in your situation) as opposed to not having a paycheck twice a month. That's basically what it boils down to. Paycheck vs. PCS.

I know which one I'd take.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We aren't affected, but several of the families in DHs command are. It sucks, but I guess that is the price that has to paid right now. I know I would hate not knowing, I am such a planner. Hugs to you and pray it all works out!!
  8. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I don't think we're going to be affected, but who knows. We're planning on taking orders here in SD anyway, if they're available, so it's not like we'll have to PCS. G starts looking later this year and PRD is April 2010.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

9. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Yup...I'm NC@Sea's wife and while he already found a command he wants to stay at in Hawaii, nothing is happening about it. His orders are on hold right now too.

What sucks is we are on our last year here, are about to have a baby and qualify for a 4br BUTTTTTTTTT if we don't have current orders showing we are staying then housing won't let us move w/less than 6 months (or is it a year?) left on current orders.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We are coded due to work issues.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast