Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving in 8 Days..

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Neutral Moving in 8 Days..

Advertisements
    Im moving to Mildenhall in eight days, hubby is already there-and loving it so far.

My question is.....is there anything you wish you would have done before you left home?
  2. Epic
    Epic

The only thing I wish I had done is got an international drivers license from AAA, the next time I go back to the states on holiday I will be getting one. Some countries are very strict if you don't have orders because the 3rd Air Force permit isn't a license, it is just a permit to drive in the UK.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

You must be EXCITED!!!!
  4. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I've been eating all of the local foods that I can. I'll probably be a few pounds heavier once I arrive, but once I move away from California, I don't know when I'll be back again since DH's home of record is Texas and that's where his daughter lives now too. As far as prep for moving, I can only say to make sure you have inventoried everything of value and added extra insurance on any valuables you are shipping.
  5. Regular Member
    Just wanted to say good luck!!!!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Dance

I didn't even think about the license, I thought I had to wait to get one over there. Im going today to get mine! Such great advice! THANKS

I have been living out of a suitcase since March 23. The movers came and I had them pack up everything! I made the mistake of not leaving enough clothes out for myself....I had to go buy socks and undies....WHICH is a pain, because I have a gazillion pairs!

As for the food-I have gained 15 pounds stocking up on my fav. foods! Im doing a 5K with my pal next month. So im hoping to drop this weight pretty fast Because Seriously---NONE of my pants fit anymore....not good!

I can't wait to be there, My husband went to look at houses today! I haven't heard from him yet...Im hoping he found somthing nice
  7. Epic
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by HayleyJo View Post
    I didn't even think about the license, I thought I had to wait to get one over there. Im going today to get mine! Such great advice! THANKS
    You have to wait until you get here to get your 3rd AF driving permit but if you want to drive outside the UK the international drivers license is a good idea since other countries don't recognize the 3rd AF permit.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah...Im going to get it in case I need to drive outside uk...Don't know what the chances are of it...but still...rather have it, than not.

Is the driving test hard over there? Im nervous about that