Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the military movers make more than one stop?

1. Senior Member

Will the military movers make more than one stop?

Advertisements
    I have some things at a storage uniut. will they go there too? is there any way to make it happen?
  2. Senior Member
    i have to move soon ladies please help. im stressing and my husband doesnt know if they will do that.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I've had split pickups. You have to talk to the people at the HHG office and see how to make the arrangements.
  4. For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    For missing you is my hobby and loving you is my life
    Blog Entries
    I believe when your husband set up for the movers he would have had to give the name, address and storage unit number and requested for them to pick stuff up there.
    If that cant be done you should take your stuff out of storage and put it in your house sinch they are moving everyhting anyways.
    Good luck.

DH-"Your are so much more than my wife to me. You are my best friend, my map when I am lost, my light when I am in the dark, and you are the keeper of my heart. We are in every moment together, even if it is for a split second. I love you with all my heart and I will always love you more and more every day."
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texaslullaby View Post
    I believe when your husband set up for the movers he would have had to give the name, address and storage unit number and requested for them to pick stuff up there.
    If that cant be done you should take your stuff out of storage and put it in your house sinch they are moving everyhting anyways.
    Good luck.
    its big heavy stuff though. i am going from 2 bedrooms to furnishing 4 so i have scattered bedroom sets and its kinda heavy. DH says dont hire a second set of movers but i dont know whatelse to do...
  6. Senior Member
    He needs to speak to the people who set up the move (military wise, I don't know the army name). They have to have it on the orders for the move. As long as it is within a certain mile radius to where you live and it will not make you exceed your weight limit it shouldn't be a problem.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    it has to be arranged way ahead of time-
    if he has already set up the move he needs to call to see if he can have the second pickup added.
    it may be too late depending on when they are scheduled to come-

if that is the case then you will need to get it to your home in order for them to move it.

also if you are moving it to your house and you have already had a walk thru that you notify the moving co to make sure they bring enough packing material to pack the added stuff.
  8. Senior Member
    it hasnt even been scheduled yet.
  9. Senior Member
    it wont be until june or july. we just need to know how to phrase it so it can be done.
  10. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Every time we've moved, the PPO always told us we could only have 1 pickup location. If we had stuff anywhere else (say a storage unit) that it was our responsibility to get it to our pickup location if we wanted it moved as they wouldn't go to more than 1 place. I don't know if things have changed or if we were lied to, but that's what I've been told our last 3 moves.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast