Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Packing for your move.

1. Senior Member

Packing for your move.

Advertisements
    It's daunting right now. Do you ever feel like it gets worse before it gets better? In terms of the mess and disorganization.

I just don't feel like we are even making a dent with all of this stuff. Granted I can't help out too much because my hand is in a cast. But still I feel like we went from a nice clean home to a disaster area.

I just want it to be more organized. Poor DB. I give him credit he is doing most of it himself (he's flipping awesome). But still it's never ending. Any tips? How do you keep it under control?

Oh and my big question how did you pack your clothes? I'm thinking Rubbermaid tubs might work. I've only ever moved myself. Now with the two of us moving together it's just so much stuff.
  2. Junior Member
    Well I just threw out a bunch of stuff and clothes we don't wear. And a picture of his old girlfriend, heeheehee. As far as clothes, plastic tubs are good but heavy. I was going to just put as many as possible in my suitcase and duffel bag. I found if you roll them it takes less space.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    if the movers are packing you you are not suppose to pack anything.

if they want to they can and do repack stuff already packed.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We used garmet bags for his uniforms, plastic containers for almost everything else. Just breath and it will be over before you know it. Granted when we found out we were leaving we started packing a month prior. The only thing we kept out was clothes, bathing stuff, laptop and a few other needed items. I packed up the dishes (excuse to eat out more) lol FYI We did a DITY move.

Pack up stuff your going to sell in one box and come back to MSOS and advertise
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    if the movers are packing you you are not suppose to pack anything.

if they want to they can and do repack stuff already packed.
    We're not using movers. It's just the two of us and a few friends the day of the actual move.
    Last edited by Anne24; 04-28-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne24 View Post
    We're not using movers. It's just the two of us and a few friends the day of the actual move.

oh ok-

then I suggest using totes and boxes- pack and label, pack and label!!!

when we moved from one house to the other we did that- we had an extra room and put everything we packed in that room = everything we didn't use got packed first- then the stuff we rarely used and then the day-or 2 before moving day I packed everything we always use - then as we moved the stuff we used all the time got put away first, then finally the stuff we rarely used went straight into the attic or closet storage.
  7. Junior Member
    good idea!