Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of orders???? UPDATED! FORT CAMPBELL HERE WE COME

1. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell

Shocked Change of orders???? UPDATED! FORT CAMPBELL HERE WE COME

Advertisements
    ORDERS JUST GOT CHANGED TO FORT CAMPBELL! ANY INFO SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!

well.... dh just got a call from the 160th airborne... as he had been selected as a candidate he sent in his application and the called to tell him that after speaking to his command and instructors he is exactly the guy the want! great right??? well he is 4 days away from graduating from AIT and they are telling him that they will do what they can to have his orders CHANGED...

we are supposed to PCS to kansas in less than a month!

i dont know what to think... has anyone had their orders changed at such a late date? if so will it delay him coming home after graduation the way he is supposed to???

any info would be so greatly appreciated....
    Last edited by imasoldierslove; 04-28-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: orders changed
    i love my hunni bunni
  2. -formerly armygirl8706-
    -formerly armygirl8706-
    I'll this along for ya!! I don't really have any advice but it's great that he was selected!!!
  3. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    thank u! im just hoping that someone here knows something i dont as is usually the case....
    i love my hunni bunni
  4. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    hello!.... anyone????
    i love my hunni bunni
  5. Member
    Yep...ours changed 3 times...while in AIT we were to go to Ft. Lewis, then dh airborne packet was approved, so they changed to Ft Bragg...then out of nowhere we had 3 days to get to Ft Riley. It happens....I had researched so much on the first two posts, and was so excited about Ft Bragg (Closer to my family)...and we ended up moving to Kansas without any notice or idea where we were going to live!
    "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
  6. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    when your orders changed did he still graduate and get to come home on time? what about all your stuff? i already made all the arrangements with transportation....
    i love my hunni bunni
  7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldierslove View Post
    when your orders changed did he still graduate and get to come home on time? what about all your stuff? i already made all the arrangements with transportation....
    Is the new unit still in Kansas? If it is, I dont think you would have to change your transportation dates...I would just make sure you have power of attorney to take care of any signatures or issues that he cannot if he's still waiting on orders. He will still graduate, coming home on time depends if he has orders.
    "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
  8. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of a couple of accounts of orders getting changed while the military member and family were en route to their new station! Like they were going (just examples, I don't remember specifics) from Virginia to California and got a phone call while they were driving to California telling them that they were now going to Texas instead.
  9. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    no... the new place would be green platoon since this is a special forces assignment.. that is at fort Campbell Kentucky for more training... we dont have the changed orders yet... they MAY come through this week bfor he graduates... at least that is what we have been told so far... i feel like my head is going to explode....
    i love my hunni bunni
  10. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    anyone in fort campbell? pls???
    i love my hunni bunni
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast