Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Confusing PCS ??

1. Member

Confusing PCS ??

Advertisements
    I am hoping someone has heard of this before and can give me some advice from experience, I am new to the military thing and its too early to ask anyone on base..

DH and I moved to Cali from NC so he could go to school, we left all our belongings in a storage unit there. He is all set to commission later this year, is there any way to get the military to move our stuff from NC to our first duty station? We have accumulated a few things since we have been here but the contents of our entire 2 bedroom apt are sitting in a storage unit in NC. Cali is our HOR, if that makes a difference, thanks for reading!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    I am hoping someone has heard of this before and can give me some advice from experience, I am new to the military thing and its too early to ask anyone on base..

DH and I moved to Cali from NC so he could go to school, we left all our belongings in a storage unit there. He is all set to commission later this year, is there any way to get the military to move our stuff from NC to our first duty station? We have accumulated a few things since we have been here but the contents of our entire 2 bedroom apt are sitting in a storage unit in NC. Cali is our HOR, if that makes a difference, thanks for reading!
    ok: I need to break it down a little and ask questions for clairification:
    DH and I moved to Cali from NC so he could go to school, we left all our belongings in a storage unit there was this a paid move by thr GOV( a PCS) or did you pay out of pocket for the move?

He is all set to commission later this year, is there any way to get the military to move our stuff from NC to our first duty station?

if CA was your HOR- and you moved from NC for school- why were you in NC?

Cali is our HOR, if that makes a difference, thanks for reading

it kinda makes a difference- but I need to know why you moved from CA ( HOR) to NC? and if that was on your own dime or the GOV dime?
  3. Member
    Yes we paid for it, I am originally from CA, he was stationed here with the Marines and thats how we met. He separated, we got married, lived here for a year and a half and then moved to NC just to try it as thats where his family lives. We came back to CA so he could attend SDSU, but neither of us could face that move again, so we just left everything there Hope that wasn't too much info..
  4. Banned
    Banned
    ok- still confused LOL:

OK I think I got it_ I had to read and re read your post a few times:

ok - so you moved to NC as civilians- he was out and you guys moved there to try to make it work in the civilian world-

it did not- you guys moved back to Cali, he re enlisted- started school and is awaiting commisioning to go officer ( hence why his HOR is Ca) -- do I have it right so far?

ok then if that was right -- the answer is yes- you can have them move you from CA and NC- you will need to ensure you stay within your weight allowance for his rank- and set it up with TMO to arrange the multiple pick-ups-
    however- you will need someone at the storage unit when they pack out that has a POA to sign the paperwork ( can be a limited POA for just the move)

I hope that answers you question!!
  5. Member
    lol sorry I know its crazy! He did not re-enlist, but he is contracted through AFROTC right now, so he is considered reserves right now. That is great news though, we were afraid it wouldn't be possible. Thanks!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    ok if he is going ONLY reserves they will not pay- unless there is not an AF reserve center and he is ordered to move-

what I stated was only for AD enlistment-

there is a difference between AD and reserves they do not operate the same and also have different rules for everything.
  7. Member
    ah sorry I meant he is reserves right now, until he commissions, then he will be AD. Thanks for all your help!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    ok that makes more sense!! yes that was confusing!! and Good luck!