Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Medical & Dental

1. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.

Medical & Dental

Advertisements
    Okay I just have a quick question. We are getting married in July when he comes over so the day after we get married we are planning on going to the closests AFB to get me scheduled for medical and dental. What all does the entail? What do they actually check for?
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I'm guessing you're asking about the EFMP screening to join him OCONUS?

First you'll have to go be enrolled in DEERS and Tricare. Then you'll make the appointment. They're going to need all your past medical records and they'll ask you about your past and current medical history. You'll also need to have a physical on file that is under a year old. I believe dental is the same, they need your old records and to get a current exam.

ETA: They're checking to ensure they can provide you with the medical services that you need while OCONUS.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    not sure I understand what your asking?

to get you enrolled in DEERS you need your birth cert. SS card and Marriage license.

to get into tricare- you will need all the above.

to get an ID card- you will need 2 forms of ID and and a form your DH will fill out.

is that what your asking for?
  4. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    Yes, I'll be joining him OCONUS.

As soon as we have our marriage license, can I enroll in DEERS and Tricare? He's coming over for about a two week leave and we're getting married two days after he gets here. Will that give us enough time to get me enrolled?

Then he'll be going back to wait for me to get command sponsored. I'm just so confused as to how all of this works!!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    that shoudl be plenty of time-

command sponsorship can take as little as 30 days to as long as 6 months-

he will also need to change his orders- if he is on unaccompanied orders he will first have to ammend his orders to reflect the marriage-
    so if he is on a 2 yr tour he will need to extend it to 3 yrs- if he is aready on a 3 yr tour he will need at least 12 months left in order for you to get command sponsorship.

you will need to get forms filled out by doctors and dentists- submit the request for command sponsorship and wait-

oh and then you can work on the visa and passport which you will need to travel and live over there.
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    As Gunsgirl said, it's a paperwork filled process. You will need a certified copy of your marraige license from the recorders office to get enrolled in tricare and deers, not just the pretty copy that you can frame.

Usually if you walk it into the office they can record it and provide you with the ceritifed copies right there. You should call your local recorders office to find out how much each certified copy costs.

I think you already belong to the OCONUS SOS group, right? The command sponsorship process should be in there.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.