Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do I do?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

What do I do?

Advertisements
    My DL for Utah expires in June on my birthday. In July we are moving to Ft. Bragg, should I just renew my Utah licence? Ask for an extention then get a NC licence? This is a big pain in the rear My dad said if I want to keep my Utah DL it isn't a big deal, but I would like input from someone who is in the military currently, not someone who hasn't moved in over a decade
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I've always kept my MN license. It's just been easier for me.
  4. Senior Member
    Here is what I found ( there is also info regarding your vehicle). It depends on your state rules, some alow by mail renewal some don't. Looks like yours doesn't for dependants.

http://www.dmv.org/ut-utah/military-drivers.php

Military personnel whose Utah driver license expires while they are stationed outside of Utah may continue to use that license until up to 90 days after they are discharged, by which time they will need to file for an extension or renewal.

However, their dependants will need to renew by coming back to the state or acquiring a driver's license from their current state of residence.

Military personnel from outside Utah who are temporarily stationed in Utah may use their valid out-of-state or out-of-country license to drive in Utah, and so may their dependents.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I will be back in Utah in a few weeks, so I could do it in person. I think I will, getting an extension will probably cost just as much as a new licence and I have to have a licence to help DH drive to NC. Thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    You need to check NC laws as well. I see that for military members living outside of NC but still residents it is the same for as Utah. But I don't see for military and their families moving to NC from other states.

Some states require licenses for that state military or not.

Something to consider.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    you need to check NC- in most states you have to abide by that states laws- not the one you no longer reside in.

there is a bill in front of congress to include dependants in the "military " clauses but it has not been passed yet.

check with NC to be sure.
  8. Epic
    Epic

When we were in NC I was told that I had to get a NC license because I wasn't the AD Member. Thankfully I got rid of that thing and now have my MA one back!