Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Quick Question..

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question Quick Question..

Advertisements
    I heard that you can get your money back for any fees you inquire in the process of moving. This is my first move from my house to the base. I do not have much to move, not enough to bother with a moving truck. Could I mail them to myself? It is 3-4 boxes at max. So if I mailed it to myself to get my things to me in Texas would they pay for that? Was just an idea I had it it is possible it would be perfect.
    Last edited by Army.Wifey<3; 04-20-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Rephrase
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Is your husband moving with you or are you on his orders to move because he is coming from an OCONUS tour? If so you should be able to get reimbursed.

If you are just moving because you chose to join him or you just got married, no you will not get reimbursed for those fees.

Your DH should contact his Finance and Transportation office for information on the moving entitlements.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. 0o0o0 My Airman's Jewel 0o0o0
    0o0o0 My Airman's Jewel 0o0o0
    Quote Originally Posted by Army.Wifey<3 View Post
    I heard that you can get your money back for any fees you inquire in the process of moving. This is my first move from my house to the base. I do not have much to move, not enough to bother with a moving truck. Could I mail them to myself? It is 3-4 boxes at max. So if I mailed it to myself to get my things to me in Texas would they pay for that? Was just an idea I had it it is possible it would be perfect.

They will reimburse you for whatever you pay for. I would just make sure to keep all of the receipts & what not.

I my new WiFeY'Z AloneInParadise, StonieBolonie, Army_Wife04, JasonsAngel, Sparks24, & ArmieGirl!~!!!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFwife1 View Post
    They will reimburse you for whatever you pay for. I would just make sure to keep all of the receipts & what not.
    this is not entirely true-

there are alot rules to doing a PPM- and mailing stuff to yourself needs to be authorised before hand- they will not "just" pay you what ever you spent.

you have to have authorization to PCS ( move) if you do not then there will not be any reimbursement for any expenses INCURED...

they will only pay for the wieght- so if you send 300 pounds and it cost you 600 dollars you will get about $1 per pound- NOT the 600 it cost to send.

you will need wieght verification to get reimbursed.

he needs to talk to someone at TMO to get this taken care of.