Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAS Whibey Island

1. Junior Member

NAS Whibey Island

Advertisements
    Hey, i was hoping someone could offer a little help. We are moving to Whidbey Island soon. My husband is going there in about 3 weeks and I am staying at home until we can get into housing. We are on the waiting list, but the housing office keeps calling and trying to put us in different places even though they tell us that we are number 21 on the list. It is just the 2 of us, but we have a large breed dog. At first they tried putting us in the Whidbey Apartments, but we told them no because it doesnt have a yard and my DH's supervisor told him that they arent very nice. Now they are saying that they have one available in Crescent Harbor. My questions is online they only show 3 bedrooms and they are saying they are putting is in a 2 bedroom. They also said that they dont have a garage or a yard, but online they show a garage. So, i guess what I am asking is there a garage or a yard, how nice are the houses. We are trying to get this figured out, but it is just making everyone confused. Thanks to anyone who reads this. This is our first move since we were stationed at home for the past 4 years.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Whidbey apartments are shit. They are OLD and have concrete walls. They have built a ton of new houses up there and they are extremely nice, the nicest housing I have ever seen. Crescent harbor is shitty. We denied that housing because it was so shitty. I am not kidding. They are tearing it down anyway unless they decided to renovate some. They are putting up new houses all over the place there and the new housing is seriously beautiful. We spent a year on the wait list and finally got a renovated house on the seaplane base which was okay, it was nice but sucked when you had to stare at the beautiful houses across the street, some of those houses have garden tubs and cathedral ceilings.They screwed us with housing so bad up there, waiting a year to get into a house and then one of my friends apply for housing and gets a brand new 4 bedroom fucking house within 2 months and she only had 1 baby and 1 dog and we had 3 kids and 2 dogs. I thought that was a crock of shit. I can't see why you can't get a new house, they are throwing them up like wild fire and tearing the old shitty housing down. Don't let them fuck you around with housing because they will.
  3. Life is what you make of it
    Life is what you make of it
    As far as I know they have torn down a lot of the crescent harbor houses and are in the process of building new ones. I haven't been by there in a long time and can't remember if they have garages or not. I would call housing again and tell them you want the new housing.
  4. Junior Member
    Thank you soo much for replying. When my DH moves down there, I am going to drive with him and fly home, so we are going to set up an appointment with housing. I was afraid that they were trying to screw us over and now hearing from someone who lives there, i know that they were trying to screw it over. I will tell them that we want to be put in the new housing. The housing that they are trying to put us at Crescent Harbor is not the new homes that they built, it is the old homes that they havent torn down yet. Thanks again for responding, now i dont feel so stupid for feeling frustrated.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    As far as I know they have torn down a lot of the crescent harbor houses and are in the process of building new ones. I haven't been by there in a long time and can't remember if they have garages or not. I would call housing again and tell them you want the new housing.
    No I am almost positive they are tearing down crescent harbor. I can't believe they are still offering those nasty ass homes. If she does move into that house 9 times out of 10 they'll move her out and into a new house within a few weeks or months, so I can't see why she can't get a new one now. I know they have some available. There hasn't been that damn many people move in since I left I know. They were building hundreds of new houses. There are a ton of new ones down there by crescent harbor
  6. Junior Member
    yeah there are plenty new homes, but not very many of them are 2 bedrooms with a garage or a yard. I am hoping that when we get down there and talk to them, that they will realize that we are fine with waiting as long as we get a house that fits our needs. I have a job here where I am that I wanted to work through our busy season anyways, so there is no real rush, and I dont think they understand that.
  7. Life is what you make of it
    Quote Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
    No I am almost positive they are tearing down crescent harbor. I can't believe they are still offering those nasty ass homes. If she does move into that house 9 times out of 10 they'll move her out and into a new house within a few weeks or months, so I can't see why she can't get a new one now. I know they have some available. There hasn't been that damn many people move in since I left I know. They were building hundreds of new houses. There are a ton of new ones down there by crescent harbor
    Um, isn't that pretty much what I said? That they are tearing down the crescent harbor houses and building new ones?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Um, isn't that pretty much what I said? That they are tearing down the crescent harbor houses and building new ones?
    Michelle Im sorry I misread your comment but your snarky reply was completely unnecessary.

Mandakins, if they offer you a new house with more than 2 bed rooms take it because those houses are NICE and all of the new homes have garages that are attatched to the house and they all have fenced back yards. As far as I know the renovated ones have fenced back yards but our garages aren't attatched to the house, you have to go outside to get to it.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Are you sure they understand you have a large dog breed? In Victory/Saratoga it is a 25lb weight limit last I heard. Over in Cresent they just had a limit on the amount and breed type.
  10. Life is what you make of it
    Quote Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
    Michelle Im sorry I misread your comment but your snarky reply was completely unnecessary.

Mandakins, if they offer you a new house with more than 2 bed rooms take it because those houses are NICE and all of the new homes have garages that are attatched to the house and they all have fenced back yards. As far as I know the renovated ones have fenced back yards but our garages aren't attatched to the house, you have to go outside to get to it.
    I wasn't being snarky, I was just confused by your reply is all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast