Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: is this true....or did u and your SO have to do this?

  1. Account Closed
    Kalei's Avatar
    Kalei is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    725
    #1

    is this true....or did u and your SO have to do this?

    Advertisements
    The housing assistance office can really take the legwork out of looking for an apartment or house and it's a mandatory stop before you commit yourself to private housing off base
    In order to receive maximum assistance, you must report to the housing management office before committing yourself to private housing off base. This is a legal requirement that helps ensure all of our people receive equal and fair opportunity for housing.

    is this true...DB and i are looking to get a place once we get to cali we have one in mind and are going to fill out the application next month when he gets home. but did any of you guys do this?

    TIA
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post

    is this true...DB and i are looking to get a place once we get to cali we have one in mind and are going to fill out the application next month when he gets home. but did any of you guys do this?

    TIA

    Nope! We've never contacted the Norfolk housing office before or after we arrived....
  3. Senior Member
    Rain.'s Avatar
    Rain. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,481
    #3
    Dh had to. We already knew housing was full though before he went and had a place off post. It really was a total waste of time.
  4. Account Closed
    J.Ski's Avatar
    J.Ski is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,962
    #4
    I know DH had to go to housing as part of his in-processing and because we had to reject housing but he didn't have to bring our lease in before we signed it.
  5. *~*HunnyBunny*~*'s Avatar
    *~*HunnyBunny*~* is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Me: Auburn Him: Ft. Benning
    Posts
    739
    #5
    I don't think DF had to do that
  6. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #6
    We were told we had to if we planned on living off base. Something about the contract needed to be preapproved for a military lease? Not too sure, were going to be living on base so I didnt look into it too much.
  7. Account Closed
    Kalei's Avatar
    Kalei is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    725
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    We were told we had to if we planned on living off base. Something about the contract needed to be preapproved for a military lease? Not too sure, were going to be living on base so I didnt look into it too much.
    the bold is what i kinda understood about what they were saying...
    but i think its such an inconvenience...

    i guess in a way they are trying to make sure that we aren't getting jipped or anything but are we supposed to stay in the lodge the whole time before we get a place because of this cause we really dont have that kind of money
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post
    the bold is what i kinda understood about what they were saying...
    but i think its such an inconvenience...

    i guess in a way they are trying to make sure that we aren't getting jipped or anything but are we supposed to stay in the lodge the whole time before we get a place because of this cause we really dont have that kind of money
    I don't know, but for me, I househunt BEFORE we arrive into the area, then sign the contract after viewing the place. Finding a place to live is my duty for my family...LOL!!!

    What you could always do is bring the contract to AF legal for them to review?!?
  9. Account Closed
    Kalei's Avatar
    Kalei is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    725
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I don't know, but for me, I househunt BEFORE we arrive into the area, then sign the contract after viewing the place. Finding a place to live is my duty for my family...LOL!!!

    What you could always do is bring the contract to AF legal for them to review?!?
    yea i already found us a place and DB loves it and so do i...
    so i'm everything works out with this whole housing office isnt as much of a pain as it sounds...
  10. Senior Member
    MilitarySpouse01's Avatar
    MilitarySpouse01 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,443
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post
    the bold is what i kinda understood about what they were saying...
    but i think its such an inconvenience...

    i guess in a way they are trying to make sure that we aren't getting jipped or anything but are we supposed to stay in the lodge the whole time before we get a place because of this cause we really dont have that kind of money
    You can view apartments in the area that are already approved at ahrn.com

    You can contact them beforehand, and then when you get there you just need to check out the place and sign the lease.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •