Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please help, so confused...

1. Junior Member

Please help, so confused...

Advertisements
    Are you allowed to change your moving date after you’ve signed the paperwork? I didn’t know they could call you anytime with your stuff and I live 12 hours away. I signed for the first to have them come get our furniture, and signed to do the DITY about a week later. Then I find out that they said they would have anytime until the 14th to get us our stuff and it could be at any time. I didn’t know that, no office ever told me, even though I asked five hundred times what the moving process was, and told them this was our first pcs so I had no idea, and it irritates me because our lease doesn’t start until the 6th so it could potentially arrive before me.

I thought you could set up actual times to have them drop off your furniture, but apparently you only get two hours notice on the day they are going to bring it? I live 12 hours away and really don’t want them to leave it in storage until they decide they can come get it again which could be who the heck knows how long as well as charge us for something they never informed us about until after the fact. Isn’t there any possibility that you can just ask the movers to deliver on the same day that you arrive as long as it’s not a weekend?

2. Banned
    Banned
    Kit, I am totally confused by your Post:

I am really not sure what your asking.....

when they need to deliver they will call to set up a day to bring it- then they have that day to bring the stuff- it could be at 8 am or it could be a 5 pm-
    but if you are not there to get it- it will go to storage- when you are ready you will call them to set up the delivery. it really is not a big deal......
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    You do only get 2 hours notice if you want it right away, as in as soon as it comes into town. Otherwise it goes into temp storage and you have to call to set up an appt time to deliver it.
  4. Junior Member
    I guess what I'm asking is how long does it take them to set up a delivery if it has gone into storage? Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm just majorly confused with the whole thing.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    it depends on how busy they are- we called on friday and had our stuff delivered that monday-

sometimes it can be 2 weeks- but not usually- they want the stuff out to make room for more stuff.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten35 View Post
    I guess what I'm asking is how long does it take them to set up a delivery if it has gone into storage? Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm just majorly confused with the whole thing.
    It depends on how busy they are. Summer months are busier than others. Most of ours has been within 2 weeks.