Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How are moves done?

1. ...

How are moves done?

Advertisements
    Dh an I have never moved and we are really confused on how things work.
    How will we get all our stuff from WA to NC? Dh is kinda confused on how will we get a place once we move because once we signed the lease for our place here it took 4 days to be able to move in.
  2. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    well if this is a PCS move then you can choose to move the stuff yourself DITY move and get paid back for the money you spend.. or the military will come and pack the stuff and move it all for you and you pay nothing. they will then put it in storage for up to 90 days while you get a place. you will have to get the local housing office to sign off on any place you get off base though.. if you want to stay on base call the housing office and get on the waiting list it may take some months to get a place on base. BUT dont dispare! you will get 10 days of TLE that is room and meals temp housing while you look for a permanent housing... PM me if you need more info.. btw u will need ORDERS bfor you can do any of the above stuff...
    i love my hunni bunni
  3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Go to militaryhomefront.com, and then click on plan my move. You'll enter in the base you're leaving, base you're coming to, and relocation date. It'll give you a calendar of steps you need to take, phone numbers for each of the different bases, etc.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldierslove View Post
    well if this is a PCS move then you can choose to move the stuff yourself DITY move and get paid back for the money you spend.. or the military will come and pack the stuff and move it all for you and you pay nothing. they will then put it in storage for up to 90 days while you get a place. you will have to get the local housing office to sign off on any place you get off base though.. if you want to stay on base call the housing office and get on the waiting list it may take some months to get a place on base. BUT dont dispare! you will get 10 days of TLE that is room and meals temp housing while you look for a permanent housing... PM me if you need more info.. btw u will need ORDERS bfor you can do any of the above stuff...

Ditto- and to add take a few minutes a read some of the threads here- this topic is covered A LOT!
  5. Senior Member
    If I were you, I let the military move you. We moved on our own. We paid for the truck, packed everything, had to take the truck empty to a weigh station to get it weighed then when we got to our new location we had to get it weighed again with the truck full. Its SUCH a big hassle. Not mention the long drive from Lejune to Corpus christi Of course if you move yourself you get paid back all the mony you spent. You gotta save all recipts for everything including hotel and food and stuff. Just let them move you. Plus, if they brake anything they are responsible for it. They even throw out your trash.