Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Colorado

1. *ILOVEDONNIE*
    *ILOVEDONNIE*
    Fort Knox Basic Training/Fort Leonard Wood AIT/Currently Fort Carson Colorado
    Blog Entries

Neutral Colorado

Advertisements
    let me introduce myself my name is Angel and i am a mother of 4 wild chaps lol my husband is in the military and is currently stationed at fort carson. We are currently in Charlotte NC waiting to find a house or apartment so we can move to Colorado. I was wondering if you could suggest some decent priced nice apartments or knew anyone renting a house? We applied for base housing but it is a long waiting list. I have been looking on line but i don't have a clue when it comes to Colorado. I have no idea whats a nice neighborhood and what's not or even if it is close to Fort Carson. My husband wants to stay near base.Any info u have would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If you want to stay near Ft. Carson, look for homes in Fountain or Widefield. The further North you go from Ft. Carson, the more expensive things will get. I hope you can find what you're looking for! I love Colorado Springs so much. I hope I get to move back someday!
  3. *ILOVEDONNIE*
    *ILOVEDONNIE*
    Fort Knox Basic Training/Fort Leonard Wood AIT/Currently Fort Carson Colorado
    Blog Entries

thanks

thank u so much!! I feel so lost trying to get this stuff worked out.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Hello

Hi there! I grew up in Pueblo which is about 30 min south. My brother just got stationed out at Fort Carson and he is renting a house in North Pueblo. It takes him between 20-25 min to get to work each morning. I think he has a 3 bedroom that is around $800 a month. The cost of living down there is much cheaper than the Springs area so you may want to consider north Pueblo West or North Pueblo. I do not know alot about Fountain or Widefield, but my husband used to work in Fountain and hated that area. Hopefully you will be able to find the best fit for your family. We love Colorado and hope that you will too!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not familiar with the Fort Carson area, so I'm not much help. I live in east Colorado Springs I hope you find what you are looking for though!
  6. New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks12 View Post
    Hi there! I grew up in Pueblo which is about 30 min south. My brother just got stationed out at Fort Carson and he is renting a house in North Pueblo. It takes him between 20-25 min to get to work each morning. I think he has a 3 bedroom that is around $800 a month. The cost of living down there is much cheaper than the Springs area so you may want to consider north Pueblo West or North Pueblo. I do not know alot about Fountain or Widefield, but my husband used to work in Fountain and hated that area. Hopefully you will be able to find the best fit for your family. We love Colorado and hope that you will too!
    The cost of living in Pueblo is less than Fountain, Widefield, and the Springs, but I would be really carefull WHERE in Pueblo you live. I was born and raised here, and you can find decently priced apartments and homes for rent in the Springs (which is what I would recommend). The main gate (which is only about 5 mins from Evans Hospital) is in Southern Colorado Springs. You can PM me if you would like to know about a specific area. Good luck! And I'll be here until July!

I also wanted to mention that I realize there are bad areas in Colorado Springs as well, so the comment about Pueblo was not to offend anyone.

One True Love
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    i have no advice, but colorado is beautiful! i the mountains!
    good luck!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you go to www.forrent.com, and search by military base and price range, you can find quite a few places.

Welcome to the state!