Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WE GOT OUR ORDERS!!!!

1. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D

Smile WE GOT OUR ORDERS!!!!

Advertisements
    Were going to......

Langley AFB, VA

I don't know how to feel about this. I know nothing about the area or the base. I have lived in TX my whole life so living on the east coast and seeing snow seems like it would be nice . Anyone live there? What are your thoughts on the base?

TIA
  2. Senior Member
    I know nothing about the base personally, or Virginia for that matter, but my friend is at Fort Lee and she loves Virginia and we're from Michigan. If you go to baseofpreference.com there should be some reviews about it. Good luck and congrats!
  3. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Im on the other side of the water, but youll be by us! LOL I love langely base !
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  4. Senior Member
    Langley.... I was stationed there when I was active duty. It is the most top heavy base I have ever seen/heard of... your DH needs to be on his P's and Q's at all time. If you have any questions just ask.
  5. Senior Member
    Oh wow, you will be near where we will be living. We will most likely be living in Fort belvoir Va. It will be my first time on the east coast also. Im excited!!!!
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    WOOHOO!!! Another one coming to the Hampton Roads area!
    I've yet to visit Langley AFB, but I've always wanted to! We get the AAFES ads all the time...
  7. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Thanks for all the answers. I'm still like this DH is excited because he was told that whoever got Langley would be working of F-22's (hes avionics). I'm glad to know there are other ladies in the area.

Ok, another quesion. I looked up the base online on baseofpreference.com and it got some pretty crappy reviews, but everyone said the local area was nice. They also said base housing was pretty awful, does anyone know if this is true.

I have found this apt. that I think I'm in love with (Its one of the military approved ones, but this site just had more info on it )

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...e-Towne/42729/

It says all utilities are included plus internet and cable Anyone know anything about this place either?
  8. Senior Member
    portsmouth is kinda far away.... , plus he would have to deal with the tunnel and that can add on up to 2 hours onto his drivetime if there is traffic(and there is every day during rush hours) I would look in hampton. Here is the apartment we lived in
    http://www.apartments.com/summary.as...0.59&srt3=0.83

They are very nice. Close to everything 5 mins from base right down the street from the shopping center, 10 mins from the Mall in Newport News. There are cheaper ones too, in that area. I would stay in the 23666 or 23665 zip codes.

Yeah Langley got the F-22's about 3-4 years ago. Langley is right next to tons of navy bases (with-in 15mins) and some of them certainly NOB have huge HUGE NEX's(like BX's) and the downtown hampton area is so much fun, with the bars and all. Check out Marker 20. Personally I had a blast when I was stationed there, I met great people and had more fun then I ever have. Your 30 mins away from Busch Gardens and Williamsburg. 3 hours away from Washington DC. Tons to do. I dont personally think its a good base for first time airmen since so many get in tons of trouble because Langley likes to be the "best" since they are the 1st fighter wing. And you really have to be a perfect "airman" all the time. But its not that bad once you get used to it.
  9. Senior Member
    Those are nice apts. but you do not want that commute. that is right outsie the portsmouth gate.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    If your husband will be at Langley, it's best to look in Hampton & Newport News and possibly even Yorktown, that way he won't have to deal with the tunnels!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast