Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Eglin and Hulburt Ladies!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Eglin and Hulburt Ladies!

Advertisements
    DH and I have found a few places that we like on AHRN, but there's no info about the neighborhood. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! These are the areas we're leaning towards:

-Shadow Lane Fort Walton Beach
    -Harding Road Niceville
    -WinterPark Fort Walton Beach
    -5th Street Shalimar
    -Cloverdale Blvd Fort Walton Beach
    -Hidden Cove Valiparaiso

We have a 4 year old and 2 dogs so I'm looking for an area that will be friendly to them.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I wish I could answer your questions, but we've been here two years and live on base (Hurlburt). Most of my friends that live off base live in Navarre, so they're no help either.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    my parents live in Navarre, and we have many neighbors that drive to Eglin each day for work. I would stay out of Ft. Walton Beach, its not a bad town compared to the rest of the US but in that area, you can get a much better town for the same price. Valparaiso, Niceville, Mary Ester, and Shalimar, Navarre is where I would be looking.
  4. Senior Member
    Sorry I live in Navarre! I wish I could help!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've seen so many nice places in Navarre, but they are such a far drive to the EOD school. DH's only request was to be as close as possible since he has to spend so much time there. When I mapquested from Navarre to the EOD school it said like 40 minutes....Does that seem accurate to you?
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I would say that's pretty close... it could be worse if there is an accident anywhere between home and the base. An accident on hwy 98 can turn a 15 minute ride into two hours. It's awful!
    Last edited by Crystal; 04-03-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Changed spelling... my brain was misfiring or something... lol
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntsarnas View Post
    I've seen so many nice places in Navarre, but they are such a far drive to the EOD school. DH's only request was to be as close as possible since he has to spend so much time there. When I mapquested from Navarre to the EOD school it said like 40 minutes....Does that seem accurate to you?
    Yeah it takes about 40 mins to get there. Its a nice drive though... not many traffic lights or anything.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    I would say that's pretty close... it could be worse if their is an accident anywhere between home and the base. An accident on hwy 98 can turn a 15 minute ride into two hours. It's awful!
    I have been caught in that a few times... and it sucks because you can't turn around and take another road... there is no other road, unless you drive 30 mins north to I-10.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Are you going to be at Hurlburt or Eglin? If Hurlburt, we're in Mary Esther, and we really like it. We're only 3 miles from base, the drive is so easy.