Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ditty Move?

1. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy

Question Ditty Move?

Advertisements
    we are moving from Lejeune to Cherrypoint which are only one hour away so we decided we go ahead and do a ditty move this time around.
    my question is: we got advanced travel pay and i read on the papers that it was only 60% of it.. does this mean that we will be getting the remaining 40% once we complete the move?

any info would be greatly appreciated.. wish us luck on moving everything on our own bein that its our first. we always have TMO move us

2. Senior Member
    If I understand it correctly, once you have turned in your paperwork etc, you should get the remainder of what you are allowed for the dity move.

How much it will be in the end I haven't a clue.

We are doing a dity move in about 13 days and I am trying to figure out what we will be receiving and don't know where to look.
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Off topic Josh was stationed at Cherry Point his entire Marine Corp career! I love that area!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    ok first remember that the travel money and the PPM money are seperate allowances-
    and need to be asked for seperately- ( it can come together) but this way you can keep track of the money-

for the PPM if you got 60% of the weight estimate allowance in advance you will need to have weight tix (empty and full) and reciepts for any and all moving expenses- gas, tolls, rentals, packing supplies ect.
    NOT reciepts for food or lodging ( seperate allowance)
    remember that they will tax your profit at 28%.

also editing in too add- if you estimated too high - say you estimated you had 7,000 lbs- but actually only moved 4,000 lbs you may not get anything back when you file for the 40%.
    they will only pay for actual weight moved.

your 60% will be based on your 7,000 lb guess, not the 60% of the 4,000 you actually moved.
  5. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    thanks ladies...

and Cori you are too funny.. i think you had told me that before.. hopefully i don't get bored over there. it seems like there is not much to do but if i want to go shopping like here in j'ville i will have to go to morehead city or new bern...

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok first remember that the travel money and the PPM money are seperate allowances-
    and need to be asked for seperately- ( it can come together) but this way you can keep track of the money-

for the PPM if you got 60% of the weight estimate allowance in advance you will need to have weight tix (empty and full) and reciepts for any and all moving expenses- gas, tolls, rentals, packing supplies ect.
    NOT reciepts for food or lodging ( seperate allowance)
    remember that they will tax your profit at 28%.

also editing in too add- if you estimated too high - say you estimated you had 7,000 lbs- but actually only moved 4,000 lbs you may not get anything back when you file for the 40%.
    they will only pay for actual weight moved.

your 60% will be based on your 7,000 lb guess, not the 60% of the 4,000 you actually moved.
    Very good