Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ditty Move?

  1. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    duckyprincess's Avatar
    duckyprincess is offline
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cherrypoint, NC
    Posts
    1,748
    #1

    Question Ditty Move?

    Advertisements
    we are moving from Lejeune to Cherrypoint which are only one hour away so we decided we go ahead and do a ditty move this time around.
    my question is: we got advanced travel pay and i read on the papers that it was only 60% of it.. does this mean that we will be getting the remaining 40% once we complete the move?

    any info would be greatly appreciated.. wish us luck on moving everything on our own bein that its our first. we always have TMO move us




  2. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #2
    If I understand it correctly, once you have turned in your paperwork etc, you should get the remainder of what you are allowed for the dity move.

    How much it will be in the end I haven't a clue.

    We are doing a dity move in about 13 days and I am trying to figure out what we will be receiving and don't know where to look.
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *~*Cori*~*'s Avatar
    *~*Cori*~* is offline
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Backwoods Of Florida
    Posts
    20,577
    #3
    Off topic Josh was stationed at Cherry Point his entire Marine Corp career! I love that area!
  4. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #4
    ok first remember that the travel money and the PPM money are seperate allowances-
    and need to be asked for seperately- ( it can come together) but this way you can keep track of the money-

    for the PPM if you got 60% of the weight estimate allowance in advance you will need to have weight tix (empty and full) and reciepts for any and all moving expenses- gas, tolls, rentals, packing supplies ect.
    NOT reciepts for food or lodging ( seperate allowance)
    remember that they will tax your profit at 28%.

    also editing in too add- if you estimated too high - say you estimated you had 7,000 lbs- but actually only moved 4,000 lbs you may not get anything back when you file for the 40%.
    they will only pay for actual weight moved.

    your 60% will be based on your 7,000 lb guess, not the 60% of the 4,000 you actually moved.
  5. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    duckyprincess's Avatar
    duckyprincess is offline
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cherrypoint, NC
    Posts
    1,748
    #5
    thanks ladies...

    and Cori you are too funny.. i think you had told me that before.. hopefully i don't get bored over there. it seems like there is not much to do but if i want to go shopping like here in j'ville i will have to go to morehead city or new bern...




  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    TaraB's Avatar
    TaraB is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,213
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok first remember that the travel money and the PPM money are seperate allowances-
    and need to be asked for seperately- ( it can come together) but this way you can keep track of the money-

    for the PPM if you got 60% of the weight estimate allowance in advance you will need to have weight tix (empty and full) and reciepts for any and all moving expenses- gas, tolls, rentals, packing supplies ect.
    NOT reciepts for food or lodging ( seperate allowance)
    remember that they will tax your profit at 28%.

    also editing in too add- if you estimated too high - say you estimated you had 7,000 lbs- but actually only moved 4,000 lbs you may not get anything back when you file for the 40%.
    they will only pay for actual weight moved.

    your 60% will be based on your 7,000 lb guess, not the 60% of the 4,000 you actually moved.
    Very good

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •