Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Another question.

1. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries

Another question.

Advertisements
    DF really tries not to listen to what the other guys say about things and only listen to the authority on things like this, but he's a little confused and wants to know before we're married. If I live up in Alaska with him the year before he's married, would I be allowed to move back down to MS when he IS deployed? Some guy told him I wouldn't be allowed to, and someone else told him I would be able to. He hasn't gotten a chance to ask his sgt or anything yet.

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    they won't pay to move you, but they can't make you stay.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    they won't pay to move you, but they can't make you stay.
  4. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries
    That's what we thought Thanks! We'd sell what we don't need before I moved back. His friend was just under the impression that I HAD to stay in AK and that didn't sound right to either of us. Thank you!

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell
  5. Banned
    Banned
    you can move where ever you want- but it will be on your own dime- there and back for deployments.

also the COLA with dependants will stop and if you live in housing you have to give up your unit if you will be gone longer than 30 days.

the BAH rate will remain at the AK rate too.

if you do want to go back you will have to redo all your entry approval ( command sponsorship stuff) all over again and wait for a unit in housing all over again
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hgbarnes View Post
    That's what we thought Thanks! We'd sell what we don't need before I moved back. His friend was just under the impression that I HAD to stay in AK and that didn't sound right to either of us. Thank you!
    Well would he be coming back there?

I ask because even if you leave and he is deployed you are responsible for housing if you are in base housing. Unless you give notice and just like regular civilian places if you break your lease they can charge you.

And if you do sign out of base housing (again if you are in it) you have to go through the wait process all over for housing.