Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: questions.

1. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries

Question questions.

Advertisements
    I am so Army dumb. I try to learn, I really do. DF has just been so swamped lately that we haven't had a night to really sit down and talk (over the phone) to each other.

We're getting married here in Mississippi in August. After the honeymoon, he'll go back to Alaska. How long will it take for me to move up there with him? Does he have to apply for married housing? What if he can't get it? I'm aware that I'll have to do paperwork and all that stuff before moving up there. He said some people that got married over Christmas had their spouses join them in about a month. Does that sound right?

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You can move up there immediately I believe. The Army won't move you since he's already stationed there. He will have to get on the list for housing on post. How long that takes depends on the post.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hgbarnes View Post
    I am so Army dumb. I try to learn, I really do. DF has just been so swamped lately that we haven't had a night to really sit down and talk (over the phone) to each other.

We're getting married here in Mississippi in August. After the honeymoon, he'll go back to Alaska. How long will it take for me to move up there with him? Does he have to apply for married housing? What if he can't get it? I'm aware that I'll have to do paperwork and all that stuff before moving up there. He said some people that got married over Christmas had their spouses join them in about a month. Does that sound right?
    Hi, you should be able to move up there right away (but as stated you will probably have to move yourself). He needs to check with whomever it is in charge of that about it to be sure.

He will have to go on the list for housing. He can do that a month before you get married if I remember correctly. I don't know how the housing on Ft Rich works, but there are some nice places outside the gates that would work for a couple with no children that should be affordable on his BAH. If you want to tell me his rank I can get some ideas where you can look if you have to live off base.

There are some areas you do not want to live. I know Elmendorf informs incoming troops of the places to stay away from in regards to living but I don't know if the Army does the same thing.

Good luck
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you will need to get an overseas screening done and get command approval- yes even for AK-
    once you have that you can move up there.

but in most cases you will need to fund the move your self;

and there are exceptions to this-

if you want to know PM me and I will see if you will be elegible for a paid in part move -
  5. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries
    I'm prepared to pay for the move myself Thanks everyone for the info!

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell