Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: More PCS confusion

1. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!

More PCS confusion

Advertisements
    So I'm reading about moving on the military home front website and please correct me if I'm wrong. Do you get DLA, MALT and Per Diem if you move yourself?

Do we get these if this is our first move, from home to our first duty station? Or is it from duty station to duty station only?
    Last edited by *hollister*; 03-24-2009 at 09:14 PM.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie
  2. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    I would recommend the military.com site to learn more about DLA Malt and Per diem.

The per diem you should get and the DLA as well.

I am not sure how the MALT is gonna work since your doing a DITY move.
  3. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYours View Post
    I would recommend the military.com site to learn more about DLA Malt and Per diem.
    Where at on the website there is a lot of info there.

The per diem you should get and the DLA as well.

I am not sure how the MALT is gonna work since your doing a DITY move.
    I have to drive my car, not sure, I'm new to all of this.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie
  4. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    I found it

5. Banned
    Banned
    you will get per diem and DLA regardless of how you move- Malt you will get only if you drive a POV.
  6. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you will get per diem and DLA regardless of how you move- Malt you will get only if you drive a POV.
    Thanks. How do we get these? Do they give an advance or do we get reimbursed? How do I calculate the amounts? What is the per diem rate? I have been looking online and keep getting a link to another link and another link but no answer.

7. Banned
    Banned
    LOL I understand: I have all these crazy numbers is my memory bank:

per diem is 109 per day for member, 75% for you and dependants over 12 and 50% for each dependant under 12.
    per diem is a flat rate allowance per day based on the official travel miles from the old to the new duty station- you can get a very close guess at mapquest or AAA.
    take the distance and divide that number by 350 - this will tell you how many days you are allowed for per diem.

Malt for POV- is 24 cents each authorised mile- ( same distance used for per diem)

one thing to note- Per diem is a use it or lose it allowance and you cannot double dip with TLE.

you can get the DLA in advance of 100%- tho in most branches you have to request the DLA AT 100% or they will not give it too you that way.

I suggest getting the per diem and MALT paid in advance at only 80%- and then filing the claim at the end- this helps prevent over payment of the per diem.
  8. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    Thanks