Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What type of move do you prefer

1. LOViNG MY AiRMAN!
    LOViNG MY AiRMAN!

What type of move do you prefer

Advertisements
    Okay so DH and I will be making our first PCS and we aren't sure what to do. When you PCS do you move yourself? have the military do it? What are the pros/cons? Anything bad happen when military moves you lost or broken things? How long does it take to get your stuff? Is there anything I should know. I am so stressed out right now because he isn't here to help me. I feel like I'm because he doesn't know how to answer my questions either.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Never in a million years will I do a DITY.

DITY move = first step towards a divorce

We have the movers come, pack us up and out, and bring our shit to the new place.

End of story.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Senior Member
    We have had the movers move us both times we did a PCS. But this last one really was a horrible experience. They broke so much crap and are offering us crap as a settlement for it. We will definitely be doing it ourselves from now on.
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain. View Post
    We have had the movers move us both times we did a PCS. But this last one really was a horrible experience. They broke so much crap and are offering us crap as a settlement for it. We will definitely be doing it ourselves from now on.
    We've been lucky enough to never have this issue - though if we had, all kidding aside, we might very well share your sentiment, Rain.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Senior Member
    We did a DITY and loved it. We had such a great time. I love a roadtrip though. I think the part that made it easy for us is that we only had one vehicle and just the 3 of us so we could all ride in the truck and tow the car. We will be doing a DITY next time we PCS. It was also very nice getting that $2100 check 2 months later.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DITY's are fun!
  7. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Am I really the only one that sees nothing exciting about moving 2 kids, 2 vehicles, a dog, a cat, and all of our STUFF 3,000 miles across country?!?!

~Benjamin Franklin~
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Am I really the only one that sees nothing exciting about moving 2 kids, 2 vehicles, a dog, a cat, and all of our STUFF 3,000 miles across country?!?!

Oh no, you are not the only one, We did one DITY and I will never do it again. I am all for having the movers move me. So far *knock on wood* we haven't had any really big issues with the navy moving us. We have had them do it twice and only once did things get broken. It was only 2 things that got broken, a really cheap desk and one of my kitchen chairs. I was reimbersed for it soon after though. I love just being able to sit back while they pack everything and load everything up. We are getting ready to pcs soon and will definately be having them move our stuff for us.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

NOPE cuz I will never ever do a full PPM ( formerly known as DITY)

why? because I do not see any reason to do all the work myself when there is someone completely willing to pay someone ELSE to do it.

I will however make a few hundred dollars by doing a Partial PPM.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura48 View Post
    We did a DITY and loved it. We had such a great time. I love a roadtrip though. I think the part that made it easy for us is that we only had one vehicle and just the 3 of us so we could all ride in the truck and tow the car. We will be doing a DITY next time we PCS. It was also very nice getting that $2100 check 2 months later.

ah , only 2100 dollars for a FULL PPM- not worth it for me-

we made out with almost 3,000 dollars profit on our last PCS, and we did not do a FULL PPM.....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast