Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Okinawa Japan

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Okinawa Japan

Advertisements
    My Fiance has been stationed in Okinawa Japan since Feb. and I was wondering what all needs to happen to get my daughter and I over there with him after were married. Were planning on getting married this May and I also wanted to know how long the process is in getting there with him. I've done as much research as i can possibly stand and i know that i would probably want onbase housing if were even approved for it.
    thanks for any Info you may have to offer!
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    You'll need to apply for the command sponsorship process after all your normal married paperwork. The command sponsorship process takes from 2-8 months to complete and requires an approved medical screening to go. He will have to wait until housing opens up to bring you over since you are coming midtour.

You will also be responsible for the costs of the move including plane tickets unless your DF does a COT or an IPCOT to bring you over, which would require waiting to move until he has completed his first tour there.

Last, but not least, he has to serve a 36 month total tour to bring you two over. So if he arrive in Feb '09, and is scheduled to return stateside in Feb '11, if you guys join him, you can't come back until Feb '12 at the earliest.

Hope that helps!
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thank you very much, it helps to finaly know some information and from someone who knows about it!
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittanysf View Post
    thank you very much, it helps to finaly know some information and from someone who knows about it!
    I only know the Army side, although it's pretty similar for most places. I would suggest still continuing to check with his unit and asking the admin people lots of questions.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    yeah he's been trying to ask anyone and everyone over there and most of them keep saying they'll find out more information for him. But you know how the Military goes they will get back to you when they feel like it...