Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Going Active?

1. Divorced. New name. AnnDreeUhh
    Divorced. New name. AnnDreeUhh

Going Active?

Advertisements
    Hubby has decided to go active army instead of beinf Army National Guard Reserves. I was just wondering what it will be like. I know we can be relocated at anytime, anywhere. He is in Signal Corps, I believe 25B nerdypants

I don't know if anyone knows, but his SGT said he can usually request bases first to see if there are openings. I doubt the army would understand but my son was born with hydrocephalis (fluid on the brain). He looks completely normal because the nurses found it as soon as he was born. Anyway, I feel rather tied down to Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (we live 45 minutes away) and all my son's doctors are there. Do you think it is possible to be stationed ONLY in Jersey, New York, Maryland...etc.

I would be willing to go anywhere but I would definitely need an emergency fund to fly my son and I back to Philly god forbid he needs surgery again (more than likely).

I guess I have a lot on my plate and any advice, warnings about going active, stories, I guess guidelines, anything about going active army for the first time would be amazing.
    Cause it's you and me
    And all other people
    And I don't know why
    I can't keep my eyes off of you.

My Boys, My World, My Life

Nancy_jean my wifey for lifey
  2. Senior Member
    My husband is a 25B as well. In fact, I just asked about duty stations for them in the thread right below this if you want to take a peek or jump in. You could definitely put those places on your dream shit. It's a toss up though whether you'll actually get them or not. Some people always get their requests and other people never get them. I really can't help you with the hospital deal because I'm unsure how their insurance works, so hopefully someone else will answer that. Usuaully whereever you get stationed, you'll be there for 3 years. 25B's can really go almost everywhere and another girl here told me it's not that "popular" of a job, so you may get pick of station....but then, it's still a toss up until you have those orders in your hand, kwim? I'm not sure what else you really want to know, but free to pm me if you want to chat about everything. We're pretty new to everything too but I've been in the mix for awhile now researching just about everything.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamsArmyWife View Post
    Hubby has decided to go active army instead of beinf Army National Guard Reserves. I was just wondering what it will be like. I know we can be relocated at anytime, anywhere. He is in Signal Corps, I believe 25B nerdypants

I don't know if anyone knows, but his SGT said he can usually request bases first to see if there are openings. I doubt the army would understand but my son was born with hydrocephalis (fluid on the brain). He looks completely normal because the nurses found it as soon as he was born. Anyway, I feel rather tied down to Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (we live 45 minutes away) and all my son's doctors are there. Do you think it is possible to be stationed ONLY in Jersey, New York, Maryland...etc.

I would be willing to go anywhere but I would definitely need an emergency fund to fly my son and I back to Philly god forbid he needs surgery again (more than likely).

I guess I have a lot on my plate and any advice, warnings about going active, stories, I guess guidelines, anything about going active army for the first time would be amazing.
    Has the option to go Active already been extended to him? It's not as easy as it sounds; it's not like you can say "Well, I'll jsut go Active."

Really, if he goes Active from Reserves, he's at the mercy of being stationed wherever they want him to go. If you place limitations on it, they'll be less likely to approve his request.

I hope this works out for you.
  4. Senior Member
    Definetly have him let his superiors know about your son. Also have the doctors write a letter explaining everything and why it's vital he stay nearby. Then he should be able to request duty stations near PA.

Deployment Survivor:
    09.24.08-10.17.09