Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Hood or Belton Area?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Fort Hood or Belton Area?

Advertisements
    Anyone have any good information on the Belton, TX area near Fort hood? I'm specifically looking for school information.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Yes, I live in Belton and the school system is awesome here! You can actually also live in parts of the city of Temple, but it's still Belton ISD. What questions do you have?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi there. Thanks for responding. If you belong to any other online groups from that area, you may have already seen my question (I'm trying to get as much information as possible).

Specifically what I'm looking for is elementary schools (my daughter will be going into 1st grade). she has some mild to moderate learning differences, all of which are easily addressed with some interventions from the teacher. However, I'm concerned because of the classroom sizes in the schools, 20 plus kids on up....

Maybe what I am asking is: Would you recommend any particular elementary school in Belton? If so, would you say the teachers and principal are open to helping kids with learning differences? How do they look at parents volunteering in the classrooms? Are there are any schools or teachers you would avoid?

Lastly, since you are from that area...any neighborhoods you'd recommend that have a decent commute into the training area of Fort Hood (near the Hood Army Airfield).

Thanks in advance for any help!
  4. Senior Member
    I would say that you probably need to just call the school superintendent and ask those questions because I honestly have no idea. I do know that I have never heard anyone say a word against Belton ISD and it ranks very well in the state. Belton has many new subdivisions out 317 and both ways on 2305 (which runs to the civilian side of Belton Lake) and all are very family oriented and quiet. We live about a 30 minute drive but dh goes the back way into Fort Hood and avoids 190... so all you have to worry about is hitting a cow on the way in...lol... When are you planning to move?
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We are planning on moving sometime around June-ish, depending on if I feel up to actually finding and buying a home myself versus waiting til my hubby comes home and then trying to scramble to find and buy a home and then move into it, all in a month!

Hopefully this will all work out!!!