Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Prepping for the move?

1. Senior Member

Prepping for the move?

Advertisements
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!?!

Ive been told to take photos and inventory...but of what? every single item? or just the large expensive things?

What are some pointers you can give me...?

What do i need to have done before they get here?

Im going crazy.. i feel soo unprepared and DH graduates in a month...its wont be long now...HELP?!?!?

OHHH!! Also... with DD and myself seeing doctors off post even though we are prime... do i need to get our records from those DRs? DO i need to take them to the health records center on post or carry them?
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me
  2. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by army mommy View Post
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!?!

Ive been told to take photos and inventory...but of what? every single item? or just the large expensive things? You can make a video of each room showing all of your belongings

What are some pointers you can give me...? See if you have receipts for all your large ticket items. If you make a claim you have to have the receipts.

What do i need to have done before they get here? I haven't moved in a while so I'm not sure if anything has changed. A while back I just made sure of any items I didnt' want packed I place in a safe area and told them not to pack anything in "that area". Otherwise they will pack it all.

Im going crazy.. i feel soo unprepared and DH graduates in a month...its wont be long now...HELP?!?!?

OHHH!! Also... with DD and myself seeing doctors off post even though we are prime... do i need to get our records from those DRs? DO i need to take them to the health records center on post or carry them?
    You should go and request copies of all your records (i.e...progress notes, test results, labs, medications prescribed) then keep them with you until you transfer. If the next dr wants clarification they can contact the old dr.
  3. Senior Member
    thank you thank you thank you soo much!! i dont think i have any reciepts.. we have been getting alot of them as house warming gifts
  4. Banned
    Banned
    here try this:

and remember to breathe:

http://www.fincen.uscg.mil/HHG_files...Move_Sep07.pdf
  5. Senior Member
    I thank you a great deal!! My printer on the other hand is probley not so happy it just had to spit out 39pages.. it really cleared ALOT up for me!!
  6. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Make sure to video the stuff turned on. I had heard a situation with something not working when some got their stuff dropped off, but there was no proof it ever worked.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    let us know if you have any questions: especially redarding PCS entitlements $$$$$$!!!