Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duty Station/AIT Q's

1. Senior Member

Confused Duty Station/AIT Q's

Advertisements
    From what I gathered, most people find out their 1st duty station somewhere between 3- 8 weeks into AIT, because that's about average for AIT I think...hope that made sense. My DH will be at AIT for 22 weeks, so I'm wondering if he'll get orders somewhere in the first couple months or STILL around the last week or so. Has anyone gone thru that? It would be nice if I knew early to prepare.
  2. Mrs.Fanntastic
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    We found out ours 4-5 months into a 7 month Ait stay dunno if that helps or not they told us like 15 weeks in so good luck we looked on his Ako and its there!
    ~MommaJ~

3. Senior Member
    Thanks, I'm hoping for at least a month or something. I'm waayyyyy too impatient to sit around and wait that long lol
  4. Member
    Fort Richardson, Anchorage, Alaska - Lansing, MI
    My husband got his initial orders about 2 months into his AIT school, then about a month later he was issued completely new orders. It went from Ft. Bliss, Texas to Ft. Richardson, Alaska. Now he's already graduated from AIT and we're still waiting on a hard copy of his orders. As well, there are several people that graduated with him that still have no orders at all.
  5. Senior Member
    You don't think they'll make his AIT accompanied do you? Or is that only if it goes over 25 weeks or something.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSnap View Post
    You don't think they'll make his AIT accompanied do you? Or is that only if it goes over 25 weeks or something.
    I believe it's if it's over 20 weeks. DH's AIT was 42 weeks and he didn't get orders until towards the end.
  7. Senior Member
    I will be over the moon pissed if they make it accompanied. I'm not uprooting my house and family for 5 months, just to move again.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSnap View Post
    I will be over the moon pissed if they make it accompanied. I'm not uprooting my house and family for 5 months, just to move again.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to move for his AIT. For DH's AIT 4 of the 8 guys were married and only 1 moved.
  9. Senior Member
    I hope not. I'm trying to sell my house and that would really screw everything up. Plus I have a baby and giant dogs...it would just be a mess.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hmm. i know my husband which is a 63b found out the 2nd to last week of AIT where his first duty station was. he wasnt to happy when he go there and i hated it where he got stationed but all i can say is DONT GET FT.POLK,LA! lmao, stay away from that general area. its pretty bad. i know my other friend that just enlisted to become and MP just went through basic training and hes already out of AIT and he found out that he was going to be stuck in ft. lost in the woods, the 2nd week before he was to get out of AIT. from what my husband was telling me is that it depends on that persons MOS where they can accept his MOS and has units there that are looking for that certain MOS. he could go into AIT and at the end of the first week he could know but then again it could get as late as the lat couple days of the last week of AIT he would figure out where hes first duty station is. hope that helps you. im here if you need anything dont hesitate to ask away(:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast