Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: our first move...

1. Proud of my man and loving him!
    Proud of my man and loving him!

our first move...

Advertisements
    Hello everyone, DH and I are awaiting our first orders for our first move and are supposed to move at the beginning of May. I have no idea what to expect. Is there a weight limit on what you can move? Does the Army have movers pack it all? Can I start packing now? Will they fly us to where we are going or are we supposed to arrange for travel? We have a boy and a girl and were told we would qualify for a 3 bedroom house, is this true? What if there are no houses available? Please help I need advise! Thanks!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsgirl1433 View Post
    Hello everyone, DH and I are awaiting our first orders for our first move and are supposed to move at the beginning of May. I have no idea what to expect. Is there a weight limit on what you can move? Does the Army have movers pack it all? Can I start packing now? Will they fly us to where we are going or are we supposed to arrange for travel? We have a boy and a girl and were told we would qualify for a 3 bedroom house, is this true? What if there are no houses available? Please help I need advise! Thanks!
    first BREATHE- second read as many threads in this section as possible- all your answers are here: but breifly:

yes there is a weight limit
    it is based on rank and with or without dep.

yes you can do a full GOV move , a FULL PPM ( personal procured Move) or a partial GOV with partial PPM ( read thru the threads for tons of info on this)

unless you move over seas you will be required to drive at least 1 vehicle to your new duty station- you can fly but there are special rules to do this.
    for the Army I do believe it will be 1 bedroom for each child.

if there are no housing units avail you will have to find housing in the civilian sector on your own.

HTH's