Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: transportation at Eglin AFB--question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

transportation at Eglin AFB--question

Advertisements
    We're moving there in a couple months and I have a ? Since it's such a big base, do they have any kind of a shuttle service, or a bus line? I know at KAFB in New Mexico, the city bus ran on base and there were shuttles as well.

Reason I ask is that we have one car and we are trying to figure out the logistics of where I should look for work, etc, and if DH could take a shuttle to school or if I could potentiall take the bus to work in town.

TIA
  2. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Hmmm I dont really think Eglin is that big. Most of the housing on base seems to be located near the Commisary and PX. I'm not sure about transpertation there. Each time DH and I have visited we have never seen anything.
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. Senior Member

eglin is pretty huge but i don't believe they have a bus system. i lived onbase for a year when we first got here and i never saw a bus going through there. but with that being said, there is okaloosa transit and they are a city bus system so maybe they go onbase and do pickups and i never knew about it. i'd look into okaloosa county transit:

http://rideoct.org/
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Ohana View Post
    eglin is pretty huge but i don't believe they have a bus system. i lived onbase for a year when we first got here and i never saw a bus going through there. but with that being said, there is okaloosa transit and they are a city bus system so maybe they go onbase and do pickups and i never knew about it. i'd look into okaloosa county transit:

http://rideoct.org/
    Thanks very much! I'll check that out.