Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mildenhall RAF Anyone?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Mildenhall RAF Anyone?

Advertisements
    We are moving there in May/ time is counting down!

Has anyone lived there and have any hints???

ANYTHING would so helpful
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    really noone from Mildenhall
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Try looking in the Location-OCONUS forum.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    hey I am currently stationed at mildenhall post the questions and I will do my best to answer them!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbain View Post
    hey I am currently stationed at mildenhall post the questions and I will do my best to answer them!
    I think my biggest concern is housing. How big is the on base housing? Can you live in the Lakenheath housing and work on Mildenhall?

I know the housing in general is going to be smaller compared to the US but I am interested in knowing how much smaller. I would not mind living off base. Approximately how much in US dollars would a 4 bdrm. 2000 sq. foot house be?
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Dh was at mildenhall when we first met, he lived offbase

7. Senior Member
    2000 sq ft may be impossible... But you should be able to find a good size place within your OHA. I'd call about housing and stuff and see how they can help you out, sometimes you can look at listings before you get there.
  8. Epic
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by miller351 View Post
    I think my biggest concern is housing. How big is the on base housing? Can you live in the Lakenheath housing and work on Mildenhall?

I know the housing in general is going to be smaller compared to the US but I am interested in knowing how much smaller. I would not mind living off base. Approximately how much in US dollars would a 4 bdrm. 2000 sq. foot house be?
    You can work on Lakenheath, Mildenhall or Feltwell and live in any of the 11 housing areas. The only housing office for the tri base area is on Lakenheath. The square footage of the house on base depends on how many bedrooms you qualify for and which housing area you live in. If you want a 2000sq ft house I would suggest looking off base and quite a bit away from the bases. DH and I live off base, about 25-30 minutes from Lakenheath and 35-40 minutes from Mildenhall, our house is a little over 2100 sq ft and the rent is 1200 a month which is anywhere between $1800 and $2500 depending on the exchange rate. We purposely looked 10+ miles away from Lakenheath when we were looking at houses off base because we wanted a bigger house with a large garden and we got exactly that, after 1.5 years of looking!

A few good websites to look for houses off base are www.rightmove.co.uk www.teamprop.co.uk and www.baselets.co.uk
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am at RAF Lakenheath. We just got the brand new housing and I love it! It is called Liberty Village and yes you can live on RAFL and work on RAFM, alot of folks do it. I used to live off base but prefer on now!

Congrats on the assignment! See you soon!

What does your DH do? mine is a cop and I am a commander's secretary for Rescue.

There is also a really good Yahoo! group called mildenhall spouses girlfriends and fiancee's -they have a ton of info as well!!!!