Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDY?

1. Member

TDY?

Advertisements
    So I was getting my hair done the other day, and 2 stylists who are both married to military men, said something that really freaked me out. They basically said they during TDY lots of guys cheat on their gf's/wives. They said that is really common. One of the woman actually met her husband while he was TDY, and while he was married. I'm really hoping this isn't really true. That was just the first time I had ever heard the term TDY and have now come to associate it with cheating.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txgirl06 View Post
    So I was getting my hair done the other day, and 2 stylists who are both married to military men, said something that really freaked me out. They basically said they during TDY lots of guys cheat on their gf's/wives. They said that is really common. One of the woman actually met her husband while he was TDY, and while he was married. I'm really hoping this isn't really true. That was just the first time I had ever heard the term TDY and have now come to associate it with cheating.
    Ok.

Guys cheat. They are going to cheat if they are military or civilian, they are going to cheat if they are tdy/deployed or at home. IF they are the kind of guy that cheats on his wife/girlfriend.

On the other hand girls cheat. They will cheat if their guy is home or gone (or if they are military if they are home or gone), if they are military or civilian etc.

It isn't the military and the being gone that makes the person a cheater. It is the person being a unfaithful ass that makes them a cheater.

If you trust and have belief in your SO they will be faithful to you as you will be to them ignore the crap you hear. It doesn't happen to every couple.
  3. nobody's girl :]
    nobody's girl :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Ok.

Guys cheat. They are going to cheat if they are military or civilian, they are going to cheat if they are tdy/deployed or at home. IF they are the kind of guy that cheats on his wife/girlfriend.

On the other hand girls cheat. They will cheat if their guy is home or gone (or if they are military if they are home or gone), if they are military or civilian etc.

It isn't the military and the being gone that makes the person a cheater. It is the person being a unfaithful ass that makes them a cheater.

If you trust and have belief in your SO they will be faithful to you as you will be to them ignore the crap you hear. It doesn't happen to every couple.
    couldnt have said it any better.
  4. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I agree with the above post...My husband may go TDY soon but that doesnt mean he's going to cheat on me. Some guys just are jerks...some girls just cheat. It's the PERSON not military, deployment, what have you. If you have trust in your SO then why worry?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    going TDY is not going to make my DH cheat any more than going to the grocery store- he will cheat or he will not.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

tdy

well, either military or not if your spouse are gonna cheat they will cheat whenever they are
  7. Senior Member
    its been said and i'll say it again

if men/ women want to cheat, it does not take a TDY to happen

also- stylist are stereotyped to be gossipers, and i've been visiting salons far more often than i see my dentist, and that stereotype has not been broken so far

1 more thing- they said that they heard that...... *nuff said*
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    southern-momma said it exactly, a TDY is just like being deployed but not exactly...it's not something that is associated with cheating...whether or not they could cheat if they are the type of person to do so...i also know alot of guys are scared that while they are deployed their wives or gfs with cheat on them and i know alot that have...cheating could go both ways
  9. Senior Member
    My DH goes TDY all the time... Hasn't cheated on me... in fact it kind of turns him into a horn dog with me, lol. If you have faith in your relationship you should be fine.
  10. Junior Member
    I have heard that before...that men cheat on their SO while being on TDY....BUT I have also heard from a lot of military men that they think women cheat on their SO while they are AWAY on TDY! I agree with everyone else with saying that a cheater is a cheater...a TDY does not turn them into a cheater!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast