Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help! I am confused.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help! I am confused.

Advertisements
    We were living in WA, DH got orders to SWCC school in Coronado, CA. Housing in WA told us that we couldn't stay in housing if he was transferring some place else. His SWCC orders are full PCS orders, not TAD. He is student status but again its not TAD. We looked into housing in SD and the wait list was too long, we have 2 dogs and 3 kids so that limited us. Renting out in town wasn't an option. We were told that he could send his family where ever we wanted to go but if we wanted to move again during this duty station then it would come out of our pockets. Okay cool so we opted to come back home to MS since I couldn't stay in WA, I couldn't get into housing in San Diego right away and we were moving and DH wanted to move us his self so we could save some money so we had a small window of time. So that is what we did. Now they are saying we owe them 4,000 back pay because they were only allowed to pay for us to move to San Diego. That is NOT what the people in WA told us at all. I am really confused and I am starting to get pissed off and starting to feel stupid. I hate how its always like this. Some dip shit relays the WRONG information and then you get screwed..
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    It sounds like someone didn't amend his orders to show MS as the authorized location of dependants which has to be done before the military pays for your move there.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    They will pay for a move anywhere UP TO the same mileage as from former duty station to current. The 4 grand they are asking for is probably the overage.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    according to the JFTR the only way they will pay for a different place is on unaccompanied orders- like overseas, or iisolated duty.

I would look thru the paperwork to find where they said it would be paid for and go back to the command who allowed the move-

Since you did an FULL PPM- you should have gotten a pre authorization from the Transprtation or PSD office- this is what you will need to prove that you were authorised the move-

if you have all the supporting documents you might get away with it this time- BUT if you do not have the pre approval and you do not have it in writng that the move was authorised you will have to pay it back AND you will most likely NOT get a paid move from your location to San Diego.

you can find the regs in the JFTR or I can find them after I get home and post them or PM them to you.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    according to the JFTR the only way they will pay for a different place is on unaccompanied orders- like overseas, or iisolated duty.

I would look thru the paperwork to find where they said it would be paid for and go back to the command who allowed the move-

Since you did an FULL PPM- you should have gotten a pre authorization from the Transprtation or PSD office- this is what you will need to prove that you were authorised the move-

if you have all the supporting documents you might get away with it this time- BUT if you do not have the pre approval and you do not have it in writng that the move was authorised you will have to pay it back AND you will most likely NOT get a paid move from your location to San Diego.

you can find the regs in the JFTR or I can find them after I get home and post them or PM them to you.
    You can do it. We just did. Orders were to VA and we came to New Orleans. We were told that it would be paid for UP TO the same mileage as what the duty station is. anything over you are responsible for. they also wont move the stuff to final duty station. that comes out of pocket.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    You can do it. We just did. Orders were to VA and we came to New Orleans. We were told that it would be paid for UP TO the same mileage as what the duty station is. anything over you are responsible for. they also wont move the stuff to final duty station. that comes out of pocket.
    I found this:

1. The Govítís HHG transportation obligation is limited to the cost of the completed movement of HHG equal
    in weight to a memberís weight allowance (see par. U5310-B) in one lot between authorized places at the
    lowest overall cost (except for a personally procured transportation move) to the Govít. For information about
    HHG authorized locations for PCS, see the table at par. U5390, and for TDY, see the table at par. U4780

and this:
    HHG Transportation other than between Authorized Locations
    1. General. A member may have HHG transported between any locations. However, the Govítís expense,
    other than from a previous PDS or other authorized point to the new PDS, other authorized point or home of
    legal heir, is limited to that allowed on a like weight of HHG within the weight allowance transported in one lot
    from the last PDS, or from the actual location of the HHG, to the new PDS or home of the legal heir, whichever
    results in a lesser cost to the Govít. This also applies to a member on an authorization/order from an
    administratively weight restricted area.
    2. HHG Moved from Designated Place at Personal Expense. When HHG are transported to a designated place
    at Govít expense and later moved at personal expense to another location, excess HHG transportation costs on
    the next PCS are based on the transportation cost of the same weight from the designated place to the new PDS
    For example, incident to a member's PCS from Washington, DC, to unusually arduous sea duty in Norfolk, VA,
    the member's HHG are transported to a designated place in Detroit, MI. The HHG are later moved at personal
    expense to Fargo, ND. The member is subsequently ordered on PCS to Key West, FL. The HHG
    transportation costs to Key West, FL, from Fargo, ND, are compared to the transportation costs of the same
    weight of HHG from Detroit, MI.

So I stand corrected that you can get a move to a designated place- BUT it does need to be authorised before the move was done-
    call your TMO office to find out for sure.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thank you for the replies. Evidently I have misunderstood my DH.I totally forgot that he knows everything so Im going to let him deal with it.